charges dropped: duke university lax

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
don't know if any of you were following this, but as a former lax player i did.

after having their lives completely destroyed, all the BS charges against these guys have been dropped. hopefully the rev. al sharpton will step to the plate and have something truly mind blowing to say in this case that will fix the lives of these guys. i, for one, am not holding my breath.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070411/ap_on_re_us/duke_lacrosse

don't know if any of you were following this, but as a former lax player i did.

after having their lives completely destroyed, all the BS charges against these guys have been dropped. hopefully the rev. al sharpton will step to the plate and have something truly mind blowing to say in this case that will fix the lives of these guys. i, for one, am not holding my breath.

good thing you are planning to keep breathing. The Imus kerfuffle and the revelation of Annie Nicole Smith's baby-daddy have relegated this true, sad story of grave injustice to a back-burner afterthought.

I am pleased the charges are being dropped; but I noticed a relative lack of sensation and media coverage of the denoument of this story. Everyone had something to say about the case when the young men were (falsely) accused, and they were tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. But no one is hollering now, at least not anyone who matters in the press.

D

DANSPANK

I read the news online at www.bbc.co.uk/news as it's a lot less biased than the news over here and considerably less celebrity bollocks to contend with...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
But no one is hollering now, at least not anyone who matters in the press.

Mike & Mike were going on quite a bit about it this morning. They're about the most listened to national sports talk show out there.

Media serves what people consume. You can't blame the media. You have to blame yourself and/or your friends/family/neighbors. If nobody cared about Anna Nicole Smith, the media would never serve it up daily.

Mike & Mike were going on quite a bit about it this morning. They're about the most listened to national sports talk show out there.

Media serves what people consume. You can't blame the media. You have to blame yourself and/or your friends/family/neighbors. If nobody cared about Anna Nicole Smith, the media would never serve it up daily.

You speak the truth. The Media feeds us what we want to consume. It's the new opiate of the masses, the Bread and Circuses of our century.

Its part of what makes me mourn the loss of intellectualism in society.

Top Bottom