Challenge help

ilnadi

trying to set up a WFH (workout from home) challenge for the kids on the team.

First, if any coaches have already done it I'd love to hear what you did and who it worked out (I'll post whatever I learn here)

When y'all do the challenges (BIYF, March madness, etc) with the spreadsheet from the Strava "club", is there any magic or do you just go in every night and type whatever people posted into your spreadsheet?

thanks

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

First, if any coaches have already done it I'd love to hear what you did and who it worked out (I'll post whatever I learn here)

When y'all do the challenges (BIYF, March madness, etc) with the spreadsheet from the Strava "club", is there any magic or do you just go in every night and type whatever people posted into your spreadsheet?

thanks

i think @Patrick has some magic, hopefully he chimes in for ya

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

thanks

The club leaderboard is the data source - I have a bookmarklet that strips the avatar, then i cut and paste into
a tab on a spreadsheet. each week gets its own tab this can be done nightly very quickly. they also have "last week"
so that is how i close the week.

- then i create a summary page that uses a list of participants
to vlookup() in the other sheets
then a pivot or sort on that page to create the report.

i'd be glad to give you the spreadsheet (gsheet) and bookmarklet.

ilnadi

The club leaderboard is the data source - I have a bookmarklet that strips the avatar, then i cut and paste into
a tab on a spreadsheet. each week gets its own tab this can be done nightly very quickly. they also have "last week"
so that is how i close the week.

- then i create a summary page that uses a list of participants
to vlookup() in the other sheets
then a pivot or sort on that page to create the report.

i'd be glad to give you the spreadsheet (gsheet) and bookmarklet.
that'll be awesome, you can use nfindikli at gmail.
I'll owe you a 4-pack when this is over

Patrick

Staff member
that'll be awesome, you can use nfindikli at gmail.
I'll owe you a 4-pack when this is over

shared it -

put this in a bookmark and run it on the club leaderboard page to strip their avatar
JavaScript:
javascript:(function(){var section = document.querySelector("div.leaderboard");  var element = section.querySelectorAll("div.avatar-athlete");   if (element !== null) {     element.forEach(function(avatar) {     avatar.parentNode.removeChild(avatar);     }); }})()

Patrick

Staff member
it is a complicated workbook and will time out - strip the unneeded tabs, and it will be fine.
might also want to convert to a db rather than multiple sheets. i was lazy.

Top Bottom