Chain for a road bike

Sandman98

Im going to change my old chain on my road bike but I dont have any idea what kind should I get. My roadbike has a 6 speed cassette. What kind of chain is recommended? Thanks!

Sandy

TheBikeGuy1

Shop: The Bicycle Hub
Shop Keep
chain answer

i would replace the cassette at the same time, alot of these parts can wear together and can cause further skipping if you replace without replacing both depending on how bad they are worn, are you using some kind of chain measuring device. the hard part is find one at this point in time might be able to come up with something if you check you local bike shop as far as the chain goes i would use a sram-830 cause again alot of this is outdated and hard to find but the 830 is the closest thing your going to to find to a six speed chain the spacing of the links and the width of the links needs to be the right width. at the shop we use these all the time on 6 and 7 speed as well at the intended 8 speed bike the chain is fairly cheap as well. check you local shop for parts and support us !

Sandman98

i would replace the cassette at the same time, alot of these parts can wear together and can cause further skipping if you replace without replacing both depending on how bad they are worn, are you using some kind of chain measuring device. the hard part is find one at this point in time might be able to come up with something if you check you local bike shop as far as the chain goes i would use a sram-830 cause again alot of this is outdated and hard to find but the 830 is the closest thing your going to to find to a six speed chain the spacing of the links and the width of the links needs to be the right width. at the shop we use these all the time on 6 and 7 speed as well at the intended 8 speed bike the chain is fairly cheap as well. check you local shop for parts and support us !

Thanks!

Top Bottom