Ceres Trail maintenance

KJV

Anyone up for some trail maintenance the last weekend in Aug.? I would really like to rebuild the brigde across the creek. Does anyone know if we need any special permission from the Twp. to build and maintain the trails? This is a fun park very close to my house and with some work by other like minded riders we can have another awesome place to ride. Thanks in advance, Kevin;)

the bridge has been repaired as long as it made it through these last storms, some of the other small bridges need to be repaired though!

Was there on Sun. afternoon. Main bridge is gone.....also could use one over by the "canyon". That tree crossing blows!!!!

Does anyone know if we need any special permission from the Twp. to build and maintain the trails?

Hey Kevin !
You should always get permission before doing ANY work in any of the parks in NJ especially. Liability laws being what they are, you should be very cautious about doing any bridge work or construction without park personel present. Also, if you are caught doing TM without permission you could be fined for "destruction of property" if they felt so inclined.
I would suggest that you contact the park office and ask if they have an organized tm group there and if not, ask if you could start one up. It's very rewarding working on the trails and even better working with a group of like minded folk.

was it cut out or did the water take it again? man we've been having some rain this year!

Looked like there was some "new" construction. Bridge is cut and has been pieced together by various people...now pieces are downstream against the fallen tree. I'm talkin' a complete rebuild not some half a$$ed attempt at rigging the old one. Although if vandals are just going to destroy it, what's the point in spending $$$ on it. Gonna contact the Twp. tomorrow.

I would be careful how you ask! they have been known to cut everything they can find down, good thing is that they are city workers so being lazy is part of the job and they wont put to much effort into looking for said bridges. Bringing attention may be a bad idea! On to the bridge the problem is the supports without proper supports your wasting your time.

dont ask the twp, they will just tell you no. and i dont think anyone vandalizes it, i think that creek floods and comes up a foot or two and washes out the bridge because it isnt well made.

The next bridge has to be made without touching the creek bed or with posts drivin deep into the creek. I dont think anyone is willing to put that much time into it.

dont ask the twp, they will just tell you no. and i dont think anyone vandalizes it, i think that creek floods and comes up a foot or two and washes out the bridge because it isnt well made.

The next bridge has to be made without touching the creek bed or with posts drivin deep into the creek. I dont think anyone is willing to put that much time into it.

speak for yourself! My friends and I put two and half days into that bridge and we are always looking for helpers with trail maintenance! Once again we are looking for a better way to repair the bridge its just very difficult getting materials to the area!!

Last edited:
my bad, im not sayin you did a bad job. I guess ive only seen it when it was broken, and i guess even then it was still usable so... It just looks like alot of crap, fallen trees etc flows through that place when it rains real bad. What do you think about going to get the bridge and put it back in its place?. simple and easy, and if you want help I would gladly assist. at least we would have a bridge.

Last edited:
the bridge was made pretty damn well, it moved a hundred feet and over the other bridge and is still pretty much in 1 piece. the supports were the problem but as you stated poles driven in to the bed would be a great idea if somebody could do it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions