Ceres Trail Conditions

JDurk

Anyone have updates on the trail conditions? I'm thinking of making a trip tomorrow morning or should I head to CCC?

McKMtnBk

You're good to go. Rode yesterday and there are a few muddy spots, but overall it's in good shape. Creek crossing is tricky. You can ride across under the Rt 55 overpass. Or if you can find it there is a newish tree crossing. The tree is a little sketchy.

Odiggy

Anyone who knows their way around planning on riding this weekend 1&2 Oct Saturday or Sunday? I've not been here before, but wanted to give it a shot. I'll go on my own, but thought it better to tag along with somebody who knows the in & outs of the place.

whtbread

Anyone who knows their way around planning on riding this weekend 1&2 Oct Saturday or Sunday? I've not been here before, but wanted to give it a shot. I'll go on my own, but thought it better to tag along with somebody who knows the in & outs of the place.

I'm going to be there around 10 or so and ride till about 1, but it looks like there will be guys riding all weekend. It's been my experience that everyone is nice, so if you see someone ask them to show you around.

Odiggy

I'm going to be there around 10 or so and ride till about 1, but it looks like there will be guys riding all weekend. It's been my experience that everyone is nice, so if you see someone ask them to show you around.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably show up around 9ish.

Odiggy

Thanks to a couple of guys on the trail!!!

I want to give a shout out of thanks to Scott and Mike who I met on the trail yesterday at Ceres and had the chance to ride with. We had a good time, traded numbers, and I look forward to riding with them again.

Next time I'll have regular pedals in the car to switch out as needed! :)

McKMtnBk

I want to give a shout out of thanks to Scott and Mike who I met on the trail yesterday at Ceres and had the chance to ride with. We had a good time, traded numbers, and I look forward to riding with them again.

Next time I'll have regular pedals in the car to switch out as needed! :)

Hey Omar(sp?). We had a good day. Glad you got to see some of the trails. Just passing on what was done for me. 2 guys (Clint and Rob) gave me a quick tour my 1st time over at Ceres. C-ya around.

Odiggy

Hey Omar(sp?). We had a good day. Glad you got to see some of the trails. Just passing on what was done for me. 2 guys (Clint and Rob) gave me a quick tour my 1st time over at Ceres. C-ya around.

Spelling's right. Stay in touch!

MikeP

Rode today. Trails are in good shape, except the usual lower spots near the creek. The main trails have been raked recently. The new trail is pretty nice.

JDurk

Haven't been to Ceres since June. Planning to ride there sometime this weekend. If I park at the small lot off Main Street, what's the status for getting across the creek?

MikeP

Depends on the water level, the last thing you eant is cold wet shoes. There's a big tree that you walk across near the new bridge site. It's a bit tricky with shoes, traction wise. The one day I did it barefoot. Honestly you're better off parking in the back lot

Last edited:

JDurk

Never parked in the back lot, but is it pretty easy to identify? I've looked on both Google and Bing maps. Looks like it's just passed the golf course on the right at the start of the tree line and before the house. House is visible on Bing Bird's eye map but not the aerial view or Google map.

MikeP

It's directly across from a house, it's not marked. It you can see the dirt road and it just opens up into the lot. Now is a good time to go, the main trails are all raked so it's hard to get lost.

dbnickles

pass the Golf Course on your right an after u crest the hill start looking for a RED gravel driveway (there are 2 right next to each other) on the right just before the bottom of the hill

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions