century??

Agree. First time for me was around 70 miles and the wall showed up. Then you get over it and keep going.

@02camaro it appears as though you ride plenty. You can definitely knock something like this out. Pick a route with some hills, otherwise the boredom can set in. Good luck.
+1 on these ideas. this is where you need someone with you to make you HTFU and not quit. if you can do 50 on a MTB you can do 100 on the road.

Can I do it on my SS El Mar? Is it road?
Youcandoit.gif

But I wouldn't....

Anyone has a century route with 0ft climbing?
Asking for a friend 😇
I personally would not want a flat route because then there are no downhills for coasting of soft-pedaling. And the handful of flat rides I have done near the shore can be great until you realize that flat seemed so much easier, but was because you had a tailwind. So on an out-and-back route you have to fight a headwind for the 2nd half of the ride.

I personally would not want a flat route because then there are no downhills for coasting of soft-pedaling. And the handful of flat rides I have done near the shore can be great until you realize that flat seemed so much easier, but was because you had a tailwind. So on an out-and-back route you have to fight a headwind for the 2nd half of the ride.
Ok... then -2000ft :D

Great pointers. Thanks for making it sound easily obtainable.
Not easy... but definitely doable.
I am not the fittest person here... not by a long shot so the 2 century rides I have done were long hrs.
Being on the saddle for 10+hrs made everything hurt..... shoulders down to your ass.
For whatever reason, the last 10 miles were always the toughest. At some pt, I was hoping a car would hit me so I won't have to stay on the saddle anymore :D

Back
Top Bottom