Central Park Race Series

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I'll probably ride over to watch and cheer on the NYCMTB road racing crew, if the weather's good...

Nimrod

I'll probably ride over to watch and cheer on the NYCMTB road racing crew, if the weather's good...

Big decisions......

Race Masters (its an open catagory... so you never know):D

Or

Cat 3-4;)

Theres a bunch of us going from the East End. The Bitch part is its 6:30am start.

Schedule
3:00am get up
3:45am out the door
4:30am Pickup Danny
4:45am Pickup Dannys buddy
5:30/5:45am Register
6:30 Start Race
7:30 Finish Race
8:00am repeat above listed process in reverse:eek:

I'll be back within the Empire by 10am and ready for a serious Nap!

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
It's a three-mile pedal for me from my apt in Queens, or about ten minutes on the subway, so I can't empathize with you there. ;)

Nimrod

Holy Crap = Can't believe how fast people are this time of year.

I did the Masters race this morning, and now 8:30 at night I'm still freaking blown out:D They had a nice turn out, good size fields, note to self = pre-register next week

Nimrod

kudos to you Nimrod for sticking to your guns and getting out there.

Thanks and oh it got worse

I entered the Masters bracket which is an open bracket, just have to be 35 years old, then a cat 1,2,3, or 4 to get in.

What I learned yesterday = Mountain Biking is Easy, Real Easy.

Last year my short game was terrible. It needs to be improved, there’s no better way to do that then the Central Park (Road Bike) Series. (I have raced Road bikes for 15 years)

Last Thursday night (MTB riding, it was crappy out) I told a buddy of mine
“Road Biking makes you tough”. Trust me, its 30 degree’s outside Sunday morning, with the wind-chill 18 degrees… Go jump on a Road Bike and rip around Central Park….. You can’t possibly get or stay warm. My feet still hurt from the cold.

Furthermore, you can not believe the shape these guys are in (20 plus mph average)! Got the crap kicked out of me, worked over, dragged, tortured and then dropped (okay I ran the white flag up the pole) big time by the 60 (?) guys in my field. Didn’t know it was possible for the human body to fill completely with lactic acid (not a pleasant experience). My legs, legs…. Everything hurt.

It was a lot of fun = going back next week.

RogerRacer

Hay Nimrod come try the bethel series .You can try & race 3 races in 1 day .Like I did last sunday.== cat 4 = masters = 3\4== talk about hurting .What don't kill you will only make you strong.Oh yea when I got home from Bethel sunday. My kids wanted to go for a bike ride & we did.Kind of like a recovery ride

Nimrod

Hay Nimrod come try the bethel series .You can try & race 3 races in 1 day .Like I did last sunday.== cat 4 = masters = 3\4== talk about hurting .What don't kill you will only make you strong.Oh yea when I got home from Bethel sunday. My kids wanted to go for a bike ride & we did.Kind of like a recovery ride

Hey Roger!!

Actually we're (Windmill & Nimrod) thinking about doing the CP race, then driving over to Bethel:) and doing your race.

Last Sunday (after getting spanked @ CP) did a 30 mile hill Road ride = I was freaking a train wreck Sunday afternoon, and hungover big time on Monday:D

This morning :Dwas a 4am Road ride (not a typo) for 18 miles, and after work hitting today hitting the Stairmaster for 45 minutes at the gym = April 12th is coming:getsome:

RogerRacer

You know you rest is just as important as training???don't over do it & get over trained.You get stronger from the rest. I took 2 days off to recover from sunday .Tommarow I am doing anthor marathon work out .Light road ride after work in the late afternoon=10 or 20 miles easy,just have to C how I feel = Then go on the briarcliff bike works mtb hammer ride in the evening for about an hour & change,then I got a hockey game at 11:00 pm .Thursday 20 to 30 mile easy road ride.Fri get drunk =sat easy road ride 1 hour==Sunday 3 races or race until My legs say uncle C you sunday==nimrod

Top Bottom