Central Jerz Conditions

Glancing Aft

How'd Central Jersey fare from the storm? I'm staying with friends in New Brunswick this weekend and was thinking of riding either Hartshorne, Allaire, Crock, or RV. I'll assume 6mile is a swamp right now. If it's going to be crap everywhere I'll just bring the road bike, don't wanna ruin everyones hard work.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
conditions after the past week have been really decent at allaire. mud out of the lot and the beginning of the roange trail but thats about it. i hear hartshorne is kinda messy still though.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
it looks like temps will be sub-freezing overnight for the whole weekend but going above freezing during the days... which to me means super-early (i.e. dawn patrol) rides will have good conditions, but once the sun starts to get up and on the trail, it'll be soupy.

CR was great last weekend early sunday morning... i think early saturday looks good... looking at the hourly temp scale, sub freezing temps start at around 9pm friday night. that's ample time for some trail freezage. sunday morning should work the same.

i'm probably going to ride the sourlands or CR sunday on a dawn patrol ride.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
it looks like temps will be sub-freezing overnight for the whole weekend but going above freezing during the days... which to me means super-early (i.e. dawn patrol) rides will have good conditions, but once the sun starts to get up and on the trail, it'll be soupy.

CR was great last weekend early sunday morning... i think early saturday looks good... looking at the hourly temp scale, sub freezing temps start at around 9pm friday night. that's ample time for some trail freezage. sunday morning should work the same.

i'm probably going to ride the sourlands or CR sunday on a dawn patrol ride.

Clarkenstein - that's an awesome avatar! By dawn patrol - what time are you thinking, approx?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
what time are you thinking, approx?

sunrise is 6:45am-ish... so 6:45 wheels down would work.

i'm slow as snot normally... so pace is generally pretty casual when i ride. and i am working with a head cold too, so it might be even more... "casual" :D.

Glancing Aft

thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like you're in much better shape than we are out here. I'll be shooting for an early morning ride.

Top Bottom