Cedar Posts

Actually one of my co-workers keeps repeating it because of my origins, it's not like it's the only thing I remember. Something with "elderberries"...

oh, this one: "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries."

And they fart in your general direction, too. Damned French :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Actually one of my co-workers keeps repeating it because of my origins, it's not like it's the only thing I remember. Something with "elderberries"...

You are a programmer, right? Programmers have a strange fascination with that movie. Your being from France only enables them. I can't imagine if you wore a knight's helmet to work every day.

You are a programmer, right? Programmers have a strange fascination with that movie. Your being from France only enables them. I can't imagine if you wore a knight's helmet to work every day.

I have two empty halves of coconut he can bang together.

I really do! Souvenir from Spamalot.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
in mexico they used bici alot. perhaps it's more along the italian/spanish lines...

there used to be that company in the early nineties named bici. made full replacement ti bolt kits for bikes, stuff like that. forget where they were from though.

D

DANSPANK

in mexico they used bici alot. perhaps it's more along the italian/spanish lines...

there used to be that company in the early nineties named bici. made full replacement ti bolt kits for bikes, stuff like that. forget where they were from though.

Welcome back buddy! But you can't just come on here as if you've never been away! Tell us your stories from lands far away, and stuff!

D

DANSPANK

Humph, I didn't see that as a new post. Welcome back chappy!

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
JGR @Norm....

....win the lifeless geek award in both the mens and womens catagory.Anyway,posts,spears,ramparts,catapults,seige engines and boat docks...yes w/ cedar.I have cedar in spades at the farm if anyone needs any for whatever.....................

I ponder winter shoes sometimes, when I practice my ancient Buddhist meditation technique. The monks used to do it before they went into battle...

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
It was in off topic and cedar is great for trail rehab projects and stunts cause it lasts forever.It just kills me to see it all laying around going to waste......kinda like you

now you have to go Gilliam on me...QUOTE]I just finished showing 12 Monkeys to a class of 12th graders.

I could be doing worse things for a living, huh?

I hope to be doing what you do for a living very shortly...

12 Monkeys is a great film and may be wholly underrated by the general populace. There is so much going on in the film, psychologically, philosophically, environmentally, ethically, etc. that it is difficult to discuss in a sitting. How much classroom time are you devoting to it, and in what context?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was in off topic and cedar is great for trail rehab projects and stunts cause it lasts forever.It just kills me to see it all laying around going to waste......kinda like you

I'm sitting around going to waste, thank you very much.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
12 Monkeys is a great film and may be wholly underrated by the general populace. There is so much going on in the film, psychologically, philosophically, environmentally, ethically, etc. that it is difficult to discuss in a sitting. How much classroom time are you devoting to it, and in what context?
It's a Grade 12 Remedial Reading class. They're in there due to not passing the Reading/Writing section of the HSPA. My job is to take them through the alternative assessment process (SRA) to fulfill their graduation requirements. Once that's done, I'm free to finish the year with them doing a variety of literacy/critical thinking activities.

I've had them reading The Tao of Poo and we watch films, discuss, and do some critical written response. Pretty cool way to end the school year.

We spent a week with 12 Monkeys and talked about how the plot was constructed, time travel, germ warfare, and general Gilliam-ism.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
can we sharpen them and make booby trap trails? with pits of death? and we could tie like five sharpened ones together and suspend them from a tree and run a trip wire so that they would be one of those crazy spiked battering ram things? it would be sweet!

Shaggz

A strong 7
can we sharpen them and make booby trap trails? with pits of death? and we could tie like five sharpened ones together and suspend them from a tree and run a trip wire so that they would be one of those crazy spiked battering ram things? it would be sweet!

the sharpened ends should be smeared with human feces. we'll leave that job for brad.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
sounds like a plan. two to one, so he has no choice in the matter. brad is "the fecal kid". our equivalent of the little urchin in mad max.

Top Bottom