Cedar Grove Trail Question about the Magic Carpet?

Anyone here has tried the Magic Carpet at Cedar Grove? Was the success rate of rolling down on it very good? Have anyone fail going down? I'm sorry I'm a newbie. Any advice for a newbie doing such a feat. Probably its nothing to you pro guys but as for me its terrifying! Thanks in advance!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went to cedar grove for the first time a couple weeks ago, I don’t know what anything is named but we hit every drop, jump, feature we saw. It’s all fun. Trust your abilities and your bike and just send it.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I don’t ride Cedar Grove. Must be a different Victor on the site. My mountain biking parks are mainly Ringwood, High Mountain, Jungle, Sterling and Graham Hills. We have to ride High Mountain again soon. Your one of the few people I know that ride a fully rigid fatbike there. I was flying down the “Grandpa’s Favorite” trail and heard you fly up behind me. Thought you were going to run me over.

jvrock

It’s pretty easy. Don’t let it scare you. It’s not as steep as it looks. The jump line after is fun as well as long as you maintain your speed and don’t grab too much brake going down.

Mathers

Fun fact, I tried to wheelie through said pipes and caught my helmet light and just about ripped my head off , neck was sore for a month . Next time I'll try with no light lol
Wow those things are like 5’ high

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fun fact, I tried to wheelie through said pipes and caught my helmet light and just about ripped my head off , neck was sore for a month . Next time I'll try with no light lol
Lol dude you told me this story and I didn’t understand how ridiculous it was till I rode through the pipes the other day. Just...why.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I checked this place out for the first time today (thanks for the tour @the schwartz)! Pretty fun but i prefer more tech and the deep in the woods feeling of other places. The pipes are cool (though dunno how you'd wheelie thru them!) and the "magic carpet" roll down is pretty steep but not difficult. @Weeping Bear The key on steep rolls like that is to keep your weight back - stand up, crouch down and get your butt behind your seat with knees and arms bent, and feather both brakes evenly. The carpet was frozen solid this morning and grippy. I hiked back up it to hit the jumps again and didn't slip.

Top Bottom