Caution at Allaire. Someone is up to no good

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
41177.jpeg
Please use care when riding at Allaire . Especially on the Parkway side. This was passed on to me today from a fellow rider. The Howell police and Park police were notified of this.
Someone placed a wire across the trail and also a report of nails in a log over as spikes.
41026.jpeg

Last edited:

Dingo

Yikes.
That is messed up, it's not like that area is near someone's house or back yard.
Has to be a random act of stupid kid shit, or at least I hope.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Man this is just fucked.
Not even a park where access is contested.

Thanks for the heads up Mitch.

Frank

Sasquatch
Not even a park where access is contested.
Not exactly true. There are other groups that would like to see us banned. Luckily we have a great track record with the park and @mike_243 does a great job of representing our group with them.

Hopefully this is another kid prank as it looks like the same exact location where I almost got clothes lined by fishing line many years ago. Hopefully this is not the beginning, but the end of this nonsense, but in the meantime please be careful out there.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Wonder if the dickhead(s) realize a lot of young kids ride those trails. How people could have such disregard for others' safety boggles my mind.

pibbles

Not exactly true. There are other groups that would like to see us banned. Luckily we have a great track record with the park and @mike_243 does a great job of representing our group with them.

Hopefully this is another kid prank as it looks like the same exact location where I almost got clothes lined by fishing line many years ago. Hopefully this is not the beginning, but the end of this nonsense, but in the meantime please be careful out there.
I sometimes ride at ceres park and I ALWAYS do a slow loop at first because of this...there were days you had no idea what you were going to come across.
Passive aggressive are the worst a-holes...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions