catskills Winter Trithlon: March 21, 2009

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Pine Hill Arms Triathlon
March 21, 2009
A challenging 15.5 mile triathlon of ski-bike-run! The triathlon includes a 2.5 mile ski, 10 mile bike and a 3 mile run, and there are individual and team categories. The fee is $50 per racer if you pre-register and $55 per racer if you register on race day. All racers must pick up their bibs and be registered by 11:30 am. Pre-Race meeting and Group Photo is at 12:15. Registration takes place at the Longhouse Lodge at Belleayre Mountain, and the race promptly starts at 1:30pm from the top of the Tomahawk lift. Included in registration fee: Gourmet Bayou Buffet Dinner, Triathlon T-Shirt, and an after race party with live music and dancing.
For more information call the Pine Hill Arms at 845-254-4012 or log on to their website at www.pinehillarms.com to download the race application.
my kin did this event in the past, am i am stoked to do it this year.

hope to see a good turn out at this event

Glancing Aft

Thanks.
That 13 mile distance was with all three events, if I recall it broke down something like,
2.5 miles skiing
6.5 miles biking
4 miles running
or there about. That Max speed was definitely during the skiing portion. Even though it's a short race, it's surprisingly challenging, and a lot of fun.

Glancing Aft

that looks like alot of fun...ill have to get some XC skiis though

Nope, it's a downhill skiing course (with lots of flats). One dude was on XC skis and he chocked when we got to the first descent. (You can do it on xc skis though). My girlfriend did it on a snowboard, that I would not recommend, although she killed it in the end with biking and running, winning her age bracket.

Top Bottom