Carver?

Ron

Carver Gnarvestet. Who rides one? Thinking I may look into building one. An HT I could run SS and geared.

I was just up in Maine and silly me did not stop to meet them when I was in Bath, Maine.

JDurk

An HT I could run SS and geared.
I had my IndyFab SS built with Paragon rockers so it can be run SS specific or geared just by swapping the drive side insert. Can do the same with Paragon sliders. Most custom frame builders can do that.

Ian F

Many hardtails can be run geared or single speed - pretty common on "trail-oriented" frames (rather than XC-race oriented frames). My Chameleon, for example. You are supposed to run different drop-outs, although I'm not 100% sure why. My plan for the winter is to just install a single-speed cog on the geared wheels I have.

Ron

Many hardtails can be run geared or single speed - pretty common on "trail-oriented" frames (rather than XC-race oriented frames). My Chameleon, for example. You are supposed to run different drop-outs, although I'm not 100% sure why. My plan for the winter is to just install a single-speed cog on the geared wheels I have.
And the Chameleon SS drop outs are 142mm spacer from what I remember. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for that frame. I am not sure if the geared drop outs have a tensioner, but I could be wrong.

Ian F

And the Chameleon SS drop outs are 142mm spacer from what I remember. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for that frame. I am not sure if the geared drop outs have a tensioner, but I could be wrong.
Yes, you can adjust the chain stay length with the geared drop outs as well and would therefore work the same if setup with a single rear cog instead of a cassette.

Reactions: Ron

qclabrat

Carver Gnarvestet. Who rides one? Thinking I may look into building one. An HT I could run SS and geared.

I was just up in Maine and silly me did not stop to meet them when I was in Bath, Maine.
I have the aluminum version while Burke has the fancy ti. Was also in Brunswick, the neighboring town, but didn't even think about it. Mine is run full rigid and was the the occasional SS till I set it and forget it for MrsQ when she wants to ride. I run two sets of 29+ and is probably the bike which fits me best. If you're close to a medium feel free to hit me up for a test ride. I'm near Chimney Rock. Any questions, feel free

Top Bottom