Cars, it's electric! Do Do Do

TommyF

That's interesting, under the upgrades it specifically lists traffic re-routing as part of premium, we lost it as soon as the trail period was over in the two Y's we just purchased.

cyclops

Anyone taking a gamble on an Ocean? Only 25k now
I thought they went bankrupt. Unless they make the car software open source, I doubt its a good idea to buy it.

Meanwhile, Tesla has given free one month of full self drive to all! Maybe they are struggling with enough people buying it.

Mahnken

I thought they went bankrupt. Unless they make the car software open source, I doubt its a good idea to buy it.

Meanwhile, Tesla has given free one month of full self drive to all! Maybe they are struggling with enough people buying it.
At $12k it's a pretty hard sell. Tried it out a couple days ago with the free trial. It works really well. 18 mile trip from my house and it drove itself the entire way.

cyclops

At $12k it's a pretty hard sell. Tried it out a couple days ago with the free trial. It works really well. 18 mile trip from my house and it drove itself the entire way.
Yup. I was surprised how well it works and parks itself. But 12k is too much, maybe 2k will make me bite.

mfennell

Not bankrupt yet. I found a Fisker forum. Not a happy place right now.

If they fold completely, there will be 10,000 Oceans out there. That's enough to create a support network of some kind. It was actually built under contract by Magna Steyr in Austria, using their EV architecture, and they're not going away.

I tried a Tesla FSD Beta about a year ago on a highway with light traffic. I was on full alert, ready to grab the wheel or stab the brakes. I was not expecting the car to decide to throw on the binders, forcing me to hit the 'gas'. The car behind me must have thought I brake checked them. Thankfully, it didn't become a road rage incident.

My wife has terrible eyesight. I'm really hoping the technology arrives at some point.

EDIT: clarify Magna Steyr's role

qclabrat

Not bankrupt yet. I found a Fisker forum. Not a happy place right now.

If they fold completely, there will be 10,000 Oceans out there. That's enough to create a support network of some kind. It was actually built under contract by Magna Steyr in Austria, using their EV architecture, and they're not going away.

I tried a Tesla FSD Beta about a year ago on a highway with light traffic. I was on full alert, ready to grab the wheel or stab the brakes. I was not expecting the car to decide to throw on the binders, forcing me to hit the 'gas'. The car behind me must have thought I brake checked them. Thankfully, it didn't become a road rage incident.

My wife has terrible eyesight. I'm really hoping the technology arrives at some point.

EDIT: clarify Magna Steyr's role
Same for me regarding eyesight, my astigmatism is horrible and avoid night driving at all cost.

don

2 of the podcasts I listen to weekly had very interesting things to say about the 2025 Hyundai Ioniq 5 N. Too many details to list (especially how Cammisa breaks it down) but both Farah and Cammisa say how fun it is on track, how realistic the ICE sounds are and how the adjustable dynamics of it match those sounds.

Matt Farah:

Jason Cammisa

THATmanMANNY

got latest FSD update so I tried this morning

It is crazy good. I went Montgomery to Hamilton (I’m still on FSD now!) and did all stop signs. Traffic Lights. Blinker and merging was timely and smooth, and turned right onto rt 1 after stopping at a stop sign. Did 90+ degree turns just fine and even rode the right side more when it saw an oncoming car crossing double yellow to get around landscape truck on the side of the road. All at speed limit and was quick off the line after stop. Responsible driver.

Last edited:
Top Bottom