How to jack up an older car and educate me on car repairs

qclabrat

I never replaced my car from 3 years ago and been gettingby by borrowing a car from others at home. Though I have a weekend car I'd like to use more as a daily driver and to the trails. What are my options? Doesn't seem like a hitch mount is an option.
PXL_20240326_152629521.jpg
PXL_20240326_152648875.jpg

Seasucker somehow? With top down, just put in back seat. Normal trunk rack like a Saris Bones or something?

Nobody on an F-Body forum figured out a custom hitch mount?

If you go custom you may be able to do a hidden hitch portion that can be removed when you don't have the rack on that the Miata guys use.

That fact that you even entertained the idea of, not just physically installed that trunk rack makes me cringe.

1711476801418.png

Relevant to my situation... as I have 3+ classic cars and using them to get to rides would be nice once in awhile. For my Spitfire and TR8, I have pretty much figured on welding together custom 2" receivers for a rack. Just one more project to add to the to-do list... My GT6 can use a roof rack.

Something like the Miata hidden receiver won't work as there isn't a big plastic bumper cover covering the actual rear bumper.

I also plan to add 4-pin wiring harness to the cars along with trailer-lights on the rack. Classic car tail lights are shitty enough as-is without burying them behind a bicycle...

If you put one suction cup on the front windshield and one on the front of the hood, the bike would fit and you'd be able to keep your eye on it at all times. Win WIn !!

Waiting for the pic now....
dude asks us the question and then actually owns all of the rack options already, haha. Seasucker on the trunk with bike perpendicular to car? Seasucker on the hood/windshield too maybe
Hmm, just enough hood @Carson
See any reasons to get pulled over?
PXL_20240326_155737016.jpg
PXL_20240326_155747699.jpg
PXL_20240326_155832193.jpg

Back
Top Bottom