Carbon wheels!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I don't know anything about fancypants name brand carbon rims, but my China carbon rims are bombproof.
It is like buying a blank skateboard, it could be the best board you ever had, or the worst.

rick81721

Lothar
You ride too slow in rock places to test them

golf-fail-2.gif

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Ask @Matt_ how bombproof they are(n't)....

I beat the piss out of those wheels, they took many hard hits that made me cringe. 20mph airborn into a massive root ball.... cant blame Nextie at all.

For the record, my friend killed an $800 bontrager rim with less of a hit last month. And im pretty positive Iggy destroyed a Stans carbon rim at CR in similar fashion :p

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

This one of the reasons I probably wouldnt put carbon wheels on my play/enduro bike that im not racing....I never worry about carbon rims not being strong enough, I find its more annoying when they are too strong....as stated in the link....

Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing about the tires that have been mounted to the rear wheel.

While I can't be 100-percent certain that the rim's bead shape is at fault, especially because it appears to be similar to everything else out there, we did manage to put three different slices into a poor Maxxis EXO+ rear tire, all of which seem to have been caused by pinching it between the rim and the ground.

Thing is, this wasn't happening before or after with the same EXO+ casing tire pumped to the same pressure on a different wheelset, which has me believing that the rim might be to blame.

My biggest complaint with my china carbon wheels that were the original light bicycle design and @Norm is still using like 6 or 7 years later....Not the strength, if anything they were too strong. I would get flats as they describe in this article bc the rims have 0 give to them. This also made the ride harsh as all hell...which you live with on an XC bike. When I got my valors and later on podiums, my god what a difference.

@rick81721 I have gotten to try a set of those Enve's on one of @jdog s bike...(im forgetting which now) and they are pretty awesome...Im just a little too cheap for enves.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I beat the piss out of those wheels, they took many hard hits that made me cringe. 20mph airborn into a massive root ball.... cant blame Nextie at all.

For the record, my friend killed an $800 bontrager rim with less of a hit last month. And im pretty positive Iggy destroyed a Stans carbon rim at CR in similar fashion :p

cant blame em, but bombproof is bombproof. I honestly dont think any wheel can be considered truely bombproof

Top Bottom