Carbon Post slipping

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
I'm not familiar with that exact carbon assy compound but there are a few out there that basically have a sand like media inside grease. They seem to do the trick.

Also measure the post diameter! I't could be a case of "This is the wrong seat post standard." There are a couple that are pretty close.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I've used the FSA, Easton and Finish Line products and the Fiber Grip works the best for me. No matter what, please fight the urge to over snug it. Carbon seatposts go from good to busted in a heartbeat.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have an Easton carbon seat post on an aluminum Superfly.
The post slips as much as an inch each ride. I'm using the stock collar which is not quick release.

I already degreased the seat tube and am pretty sure I am tightening the seat collar too much as it is now.

Any advise ? Is Tacx Carbon Assembly Paste the next step ?

Use a caliper to measure the post. I have seen a few undersized Easton posts. If it is off, they will give you new one.

Measure the frame as well.

Clean both very well.

Use a carbon paste

Grease the bolts on the seatpost clamp.

Tighten a reasonable amount. Torque wrenches are a nice trick, but consider that they are notoriously out of spec. Also the numbers you will measure will vary wildly depending on dry or greased threads on the bolts.

Top Bottom