Carbon Fork Recommendations

Glancing Aft

Anyone have any carbon fork recommendations? I'm going to be upgrading my wheelset on my Single Speed and I'm thinking of going rigid up front while I'm at it. I was looking at the On One fork on Price Point just because of the price, but I really know nothing about them.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I don't have any personal knowledge of the On-One, though I've read good things about them online. That company seems to produce pretty well-sorted stuff.

The White Brothers is exactly the same as one branded "Black Ops" or something along those lines, the only difference being $ and decals. The off-brand can be commonly found on Flea-bay for a lot less. 42mm rake, I believe.

The Bontrager carbon is well-made. It has 38mm rake, same as a Reba.

Pace was bought by DT Swiss early this year. Production on their forks stopped, and they are still backordered. Commanding lots of money on ebay. 42mm rake and magnesium crown/dropouts. Build quality notably better than the White. This is what I have on my bike, btw.

pinkshirtphotos

i use the on one on my mary. great fork same as the white brothers and some others that look similar. the on one is nice because you can easily take off the logos and make i just a carbon fork.

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
Carbon Fork

Be careful when choosing a fork. The offset is very critical and can drastically alter the handling/performance of your bike. The frame is designed with certain critical angles in mind and when you upset these, you will be upset with the performance of your bike.

Glancing Aft

Be careful when choosing a fork. The offset is very critical and can drastically alter the handling/performance of your bike. The frame is designed with certain critical angles in mind and when you upset these, you will be upset with the performance of your bike.

There in lies a problem. I bought the frame used off the internets and I can't really find anything too specific on the frame geometry... I'm hoping to just get lucky with the fork. But thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll keep doing my research but seems like the On One would fit the bikes needs.

BiknBen

I have a Pace rc29 and can't say anything bad about it. I didn't pour over any data when making my choice. JDog had one and I thought it would be a good choice for the bike I was building...Done! No issues since.

Top Bottom