Car-spotting thread

rick81721

Lothar
Does anyone happen to know the actual availability of the C8s? Convertibles went on preorder last week and all I get from google is that coupes are sold out based on pre-orders. I know many downpayments will not materialize, but waiting till October for a car doesn't appeal to me

I talked to a vette guy at a car show last week. Lots of people placed deposits at multiple dealers so the sold out is theoretical, you should be able to get one. But first deliveries won't be for awhile.

qclabrat

I talked to a vette guy at a car show last week. Lots of people placed deposits at multiple dealers so the sold out is theoretical, you should be able to get one. But first deliveries won't be for awhile.
Checking with Kerbeck, but the word is they are dropping 15% of allocations across the board to account for time loss during the 3 month strike last year. Even with the lowered production plan, they are expecting significant delays in delivery, many beyond the 2021 release for new orders in September

mfennell

So, I went to Classic Coach again. My buddy's 512 has the engine out for belts and general while-you're-int-there stuff and they wanted to go over the work order together. I tried not to be a total tourist this time. But...F50!

There was also a red one partially disassembled upstairs, because of course there was. At least 3 F40s. A 288 GTO. A ton of older stuff I'm not enough of an expert to recognize.

F50.jpg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Amazingly it's back together and it works. No extra bolts or clips! Gap on one side a little worse but otherwise ok. Red or blue?

View attachment 117180

View attachment 117181

PS drove thru town with the redeye's, past several cops. Would they really pull me over??
Ricer.

You should definitely have one blue, one red. Might as well make them alternate the red and blue, say, every .5 seconds.

serviceguy

Amazingly it's back together and it works. No extra bolts or clips! Gap on one side a little worse but otherwise ok. Red or blue?

View attachment 117180

View attachment 117181

PS drove thru town with the redeye's, past several cops. Would they really pull me over??

Top one looks like a catfish with red eyes, bottom one...like a catfish with blue eyes. Curious about why the ricer mod...

catfish.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
I understand but clearly you don't know me lol. No nav is fine with me, don't care about auto climate control...I built up a new 718 GT4; the only thing I added was the 18-ways. To me, they are supposed to be driver's cars. I don't need soccer mom options in my weekend sports car. Hell, I don't even have a backup camera in my M2 and if NAV wasn't standard there's no way in hell I would have paid extra for it. But $90K for a stripper is ridiculous. I get it. I really am just dreaming here.

Honestly, any Cayman is probably a touch too small for me. I think I'd rather a 991 C2S or GTS for $90K. More comfy and I'd really miss the low end grunt of a turbo if I went with a NA F6.

The only REAL money I'll spend on cars this year: black grilles, side markers, and exhaust tips for an updated look for 2020.

View attachment 117073

View attachment 117074

Place a bid on the GT2 RS:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...e-u-s-government-is-up-for-auction/ar-BBZiCEA

Top Bottom