Car-spotting thread

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
dont mind @Magic he learned about cars watched the FF series.
This isn't a lie. It is definitely one of the things that go me into cars. It was also hilarious leaving the theatre and seeing people peel out in their mom's Caravan. Though fortunately I never had any body kits, wings, or decals on any of my cars. My first car was a 1995 240sx with an RB25DET swap. I blew a rod out the oil pan about 2 years later and didn't have the money to fix it.:(

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The lambo that goes screamin' by my house every weekend sounds damn good.
can hear it coming and going!

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
+1
$90K for 4.2 0-60? @Carson that's the same as the M2, right?

Yeah, it's within a few tenths, but the Porsches are usually underrated. The better argument for me is that $90K gets you close to a 997 GT3. Maybe into a 991 GT3 in a year or two.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/cars/ford-gt-auction-value/index.html

The Ferrari Killer price hype. Great race car, but damn. The people with boatloads of money are the only ones who could look at this investment.
this is why Ford did the whole application/raffle thing to select the owners....I mean I know it sounds kind of lame on the surface...but if you dont do it this way, the market would set the price at 1M plus from day 1. They would have all left the factory, went to the new owners (who over paid whatever dealer ADM to get them) right to the auction block for more profit.

The viper v10 is a good sound, but its not as good as the audi/lambo v10..

Captain Brainstorm

+1
$90K for 4.2 0-60? @Carson that's the same as the M2, right?

First of all, you're not getting that car for $90k. That is unless you want one without Nav, a decent radio (the stock radio doesn't belong in a $30k car), manual heat/ac, etc. The current 2.5 GTS was pushing 90 with shit for content. For $90k, you're better off getting the previous generation GT4. And you'll still get smoked by every shmo that got a base C8 (even C7), on the road and track, never mind the flat-plane Z06 that will be coming out. Not saying the Cayman isn't a great car, its just way over-priced (like all Porsches).

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Everyone just mentions speed. "This isn't as fast for more money" etc. What about the driving experience, handling, sound? Handling > straight line speed.
I understand that speed isn't everything, but it is a big factor. There is a reason that "sport" models have more power, right? It isn't like the M2 (or the C8, I'm assuming), are slouches in the handling department. If it comes down a car with slightly worse handling that is significantly faster (2.8 sec 0-60 is significantly faster than 4.2 or even 3.8), then I'm taking the faster car every time. If power doesn't matter then why aren't there any 200 hp Porsche's currently out there?

Top Bottom