Car-spotting thread

serviceguy

Went to island last night with the family to hang with my friend Nathan for a bit... He just got he talon back running... Was running 10s last night but should go faster when he gets it sorted

View attachment 96527

Plenty of diesels there now, this one was running low 11sView attachment 96528

You know Nathan? I used to buy parts from him on NJDSM.COM and his website. I met him once (and his grandpa) at his place in Blairstown. That reminds me I need to make the GST road worthy again...

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You know Nathan? I used to buy parts from him on NJDSM.COM and his website. I met him once (and his grandpa) at his place in Blairstown. That reminds me I need to make the GST road worthy again...
yup, good friend of mine, we went to college together and I used to help him as DSMotorsports alot back in the day. You were on NJDSM? I must have met you at some point.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess not all DSMs are in scrap yards. This one was seen in the way back from VT.

Attachments

• E1D9E2F2-89AF-4D24-99A0-36E2FD118C1C.jpeg
    E1D9E2F2-89AF-4D24-99A0-36E2FD118C1C.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 43

serviceguy

yup, good friend of mine, we went to college together and I used to help him as DSMotorsports alot back in the day. You were on NJDSM? I must have met you at some point.

I don't think we met in person. I had the same nick there, what was yours? Wait, was it Utah Joe and you had a GVR4 ?

I guess not all DSMs are in scrap yards. This one was seen in the way back from VT.

Not all of them. This one is in my 'personal' scrap yard. I can't even remember the time my garage was that empty...
718.JPG

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't think we met in person. I had the same nick there, what was yours? Wait, was it Utah Joe and you had a GVR4 ?

Not all of them. This one is in my 'personal' scrap yard. I can't even remember the time my garage was that empty...
View attachment 96861
non running dsm on one side, boxes of parts on the other....that looks about right. ;)

My screen name was the same, but the only DSM I had was a 90 talon for a while...I didnt have it that long, maybe 8 months. It was not a good use of funds while still in college :) I used to drive Nate's white GVR4 to the shootout and island...occasionally his EVO or when he had it, his Neon SRT4.

serviceguy

non running dsm on one side, boxes of parts on the other....that looks about right. ;)

Actually the car is running, it drove on its own power from Clifton to my garage in Ringwood when I moved. I am planning to resume it as my daily once I manage to install the carpet back in and seal the rear window.

I used to drive Nate's white GVR4 to the shootout and island...occasionally his EVO or when he had it, his Neon SRT4.
Best of both worlds, driving a DSM while not paying for the bills!

iman29

Then we were leaving and my son said, dad is that a convertible Dodge Dakota?!

I guess it is and we checked its legit as I expected it to be one of those fake landau covers. At least it had a roll bar unlike the convertible Emoji Miata i saw at the shore last weekend

IMG_0913.jpg

DownhillR3

@iman29 yeah the american Gumball Rally is really cool event!

I do something similiar where I rally around the country with Rallynorthamerica.com

Heading to New Jersey Motorsports Park this Saturday for RadwoodOfficial Car show. Its becoming super popular as its only for 80s / 90s cars... a lot of quality and weirdness shows up. I'm trailering down my '91 Mercedes 420SEL Black/Black with 26k original miles in pristine condition.

iman29

I do something similiar where I rally around the country with Rallynorthamerica.com

Heading to New Jersey Motorsports Park this Saturday for RadwoodOfficial Car show. Its becoming super popular as its only for 80s / 90s cars... a lot of quality and weirdness shows up. I'm trailering down my '91 Mercedes 420SEL Black/Black with 26k original miles in pristine condition.

26K on a 28 year old car... sweeet.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

If you drive a 91 MB SEL you should legally be able to snort coke off the dash.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Where are the pics?

DownhillR3

If you drive a 91 MB SEL you should legally be able to snort coke off the dash.
Pretty much. I need a set of alligator shoes and dress in all white. Crap, I need to go buy white shorts tomorrow.

Where are the pics?

After Saturday's event I will. I've kept the car in storage forever, only uncovering it to work on things. Air-Ride wasn't installed in time for the show, so it will be 100% stock.

Top Bottom