Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Theft prevention.

BUT,

20180919_Stolen_Cars.jpg

Kaleidopete

My review.
This show/event was hosted by my electric company using customers and their privately owned cars. I think the car owners got some kind of bonus for doing this show. The owners were just proud & happy with their cars and wanted to show off.
Drove the Tesla model S, great car. It feels nice & heavy and handles great. Power is phenomenal. Lots of cool features. I’d buy this car for sure. The one I drove cost about $78K. I also drove the Model 3. Nowhere near as nice as the S, but still a pretty nice car. Very fast, comfortable, and smaller and lighter.
The Model 3 owner had no idea what it cost to charge up, he just wanted the car and didn’t care about cost to run.
I bitched to my electric Co. about the regular rates and the time of use rates. I was wrong thinking NJ customers are the only ones not getting cheaper time of use rates. It applies to ALL customers. NY or NJ. The way it works is you have to sign up for time of use rates and pay a $32 a month fee to get this service. Now you will get cheaper rates over night, but more expensive rates in day time. So they advise you to adjust your appliances to take advantage of this, buy running high use things overnight. Huh? They also state that it could wind up costing you more with the new time of use rates if you do things wrong. You have to sign up for one year trial and if you don’t like it after the year you can go back to the old way. I think also charges apply to flip back and forth.
I’m thinking I like Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaro better. I’m glad I got to drive these cars, but I don’t need a new car right now, Maybe electric is in my future but I’ll have to see what else is coming out in the next few years

Dsc02500.jpgDsc02501.jpgDsc02502.jpg

Kaleidopete

I think I got spoiled driving the S first. The 3 was still a great car. BUT, electric costs me more to run than gas, at least in my current car. Fusion Energi

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i installed an internet controllable thermostat in the place in upstate NY - got a note from the electric co
that they would offer an overall discount if i let them control the thermostat at peak times - there was a reasonable
limit on the adjustment they would make, and it could be overridden if i wanted.

sounded good - barely need a/c up there anyway.

sounds like they don't want to give up revenue unless it is on their terms.

Captain Brainstorm

I love the GT2 but I think I prefer the naturally aspirated rawness of the GT3RS

The GT2 only comes in RS, and I assure you that its just as raw as a GT3, and will try to kill you much faster also. For me I can't afford either, but having experienced both, if I had the means, I'd get the GT2RS. Actually, if I had the means I'd get an F8 Tributo over any Porsche, but we're talking about P-cars here.

LukeW

The GT2 only comes in RS, and I assure you that its just as raw as a GT3, and will try to kill you much faster also. For me I can't afford either, but having experienced both, if I had the means, I'd get the GT2RS. Actually, if I had the means I'd get an F8 Tributo over any Porsche, but we're talking about P-cars here.
I was just referring to it plainly as "GT2" because I know that you can only get the RS model and supposedly it is absolutely mad to drive. I just love naturally aspirated Porsches.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wonder how car dealerships get these cars. Like a normal Toyota dealership could randomly choose Camry's in different colors/options and they'll sell.

Does a Porsche dealership buy a $200k car with specific options and put it on the lot and hope it sells? I can understand if it's a high demand car, but less demand, seems weird.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I wonder how car dealerships get these cars. Like a normal Toyota dealership could randomly choose Camry's in different colors/options and they'll sell.

Does a Porsche dealership buy a $200k car with specific options and put it on the lot and hope it sells? I can understand if it's a high demand car, but less demand, seems weird.

The Porsche Dealerships I've been to have a relatively low inventory, like 20-30 cars. Most of them under 100k. I feel like most customers looking for a Porsche are more willing to wait and have something ordered. Get exactly what they want. It's a dream car. Compare that to a place like Liccardi Ford that keeps like 500 cars on the lot because they know they need every option right there or you'll go 2 blocks over to next Ford dealership that also has 500 cars on the lot. It's not a dream, it's something to drive to work. Most people will never step foot back into the dealer they bought their car.

Top Bottom