Car-spotting thread

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
I mean I think the 355 is a nice ferrari and all....but is it special enough to go to france to buy one?

My next door neighbor has one that has been sitting for 10 years bc he's afraid the timing belt will snap if he drives in... And I can't imagine what changing it would cost... 20-30k?
Funny that was one of my first thoughts too. There’s really not a nice one here in North America?
It’s a lot because the engine has to come out. On top of that it has to come out the bottom, so for someone like myself who could mechanically handle the job a lift is required. I forget wether it was the 360 or 430 that finally went to a chain and iirc an access panel in the interior.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Love that 4 speed galaxy

1664379468065.png

while I do love roots blowers....when you put carbs on top of them....anything on top of that is now just a hood scoop/air cleaner...and done for the "look"..So this is a whole lot of nonsense here to to try and make it look l an injector...like you use for an alcohol engine...like this here:

as you can see, the fuel line running right below and no carbs.
1664379949221.png

Attachments

• 1664379882386.png
    1664379882386.png
    101 KB · Views: 6

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
So the red 67 fastback I know pretty well, he lives near me and I have been seeing that car for many years. Funny when you see a 289 sitting in a 67 engine vs my big block...just a little more space lol

View attachment 196966
View attachment 196965

Shelby data plate....looks like a real GT350H.
View attachment 196967

I dont dislike that custom 66 coupe...but to me...they probably spent a FORTUNE on all of that custom body work....then painted it in the most drab and boring color. But whatever....and the camaro hood scoop looks odd.
That green stang is screaming for an over the top candy flake paint job!!

mfennell

My next door neighbor has one that has been sitting for 10 years bc he's afraid the timing belt will snap if he drives in... And I can't imagine what changing it would cost... 20-30k?
I would think under 10 in normal circumstances. It's about 40hrs labor IIRC. It really depends on what they find. If it's truly been sitting for 10 years, it could be a fiasco.

Seriously - it just sits there deteriorating? That's dumb when I do it with my now-almost-completely-worthless V70R (at least I run that enough that the battery doesn't die) but it's next level with a car that was worth 75k or whatever 10 years ago. If it's clean, now's a great time to sell but he's going to have to spend some $$$ first and "sat for 10 years" is going to cost him.

It’s a lot because the engine has to come out. On top of that it has to come out the bottom, so for someone like myself who could mechanically handle the job a lift is required. I forget wether it was the 360 or 430 that finally went to a chain and iirc an access panel in the interior.
It's a lot of work but it can be done on the ground with tall jackstands and care. The 360 has belts and an access panel. The 430 has chains.

Top Bottom