Car-spotting thread

Captain Brainstorm

@Patrick

Ugh, the stupid buttons on the steering wheel instead of the aluminum paddles. Biggest mistake Porsche ever made next to putting a 4cyl. in the 718.

iman29

Not sure why Jeep brought back this mega wagoneer the same time they came out with the GRand Cherokee L

I guess this is supposed to compete with the Yukon Denali Tahoe Escalade category. Thing is ginormous along with the 88K starting price.

Ridiculous.

A028BE54-D401-48ED-B62E-9990D518640D.jpeg

mwlikesbikes

Probably
Not sure why Jeep brought back this mega wagoneer the same time they came out with the GRand Cherokee L

I guess this is supposed to compete with the Yukon Denali Tahoe Escalade category. Thing is ginormous along with the 88K starting price.

Ridiculous.

View attachment 176710
because they’re ditching the Cherokee name after years of complaints by native Americans.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Urus in Newark. Obviously the Verde Mantis stands out. Sounded good. $225k or better I wouldn't be driving it in Newark.

View attachment 176724

This bad boy caught my eye last night. Mobile bike repair services. Quite a concept.

View attachment 176725

View attachment 176726
god that Uras makes me want to throw up....so hideous.

just makes no sense....buy the actual lambo and then buy this crappy ford flex to haul the kids in.....you can afford both im sure.

Bikeworks

Probably

because they’re ditching the Cherokee name after years of complaints by native Americans.
There's an "American Gods" level vibe on why that's a losing proposition for Native Americans; 20 or so years from now that name will be out of the (mostly) non-NA collective vernacular/consciousness, and its origin for being there in the first place largely forgotten.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
thats a nice shape
View attachment 176728

Looks way better than those god awful macans/cayennes
Agreed.

I always liked wagons. That RS6 Avant is beautiful. I even liked the first gen Panamera, but they ruined it in the newer gens. E39 is still one of my favorites.
maxresdefault.jpg

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Agreed.

I always liked wagons. That RS6 Avant is beautiful. I even liked the first gen Panamera, but they ruined it in the newer gens. E39 is still one of my favorites.
maxresdefault.jpg
Yes! E39 is the best, followed by P2 Volvo V70R, and the RSAvant is sweet too but no stick :-(

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Agreed.

maxresdefault.jpg
ya, with modern safety standards...the days of high windows, low doors, thin pillars are probably gone (too bad)

I long for the days where I had a place to rest my goddam left elbow in a proper place

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There's an "American Gods" level vibe on why that's a losing proposition for Native Americans; 20 or so years from now that name will be out of the (mostly) non-NA collective vernacular/consciousness, and its origin for being there in the first place largely forgotten.

That Cher song?

I've been lucky enough to encounter people with NA bloodlines who are fluent in First Nations forward thinking.
Good stuff.

Native American history pre colonization (then manifest destiny) isn't all kumbaya stuff. Will leave it at that.

Wait, this is the car thread - What are we doing about the names of the Piper Airplanes?
They did away with the Cherokee name, Warrior is out of production, Archer still made, along with Seneca and Seminole

Will post pic of next good car I come across.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Ridiculous.

View attachment 176710

Same reason Lambo makes that vomitously ugly Uranus....even at $225k, people buy them like crazy. 88k...THIS IS A DEAL! And americans constantly prove that they just dont give a shit about gas mileage for the most part. Even at California prices.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Pretty interesting series starring Al Swearengen as Oden
This has been on my radar for a while. One of these days I'll remember to give it shot.

Ian McShane is definitely part of the draw for me. I was pissed that he didn't get a longer role on Game of Thrones.

iman29

Same reason Lambo makes that vomitously ugly Uranus....even at $225k, people buy them like crazy. 88k...THIS IS A DEAL! And americans constantly prove that they just dont give a shit about gas mileage for the most part. Even at California prices.
the fully optioned one says MSRP is like 112K - blah.

Top Bottom