Car-spotting thread

Thats an amazing place to spend summers......I cant think of a better race course to be a spectator on. So question, when I watch the race on TV, its hard to get a perspective of the island....when these TTs are happening (because there is more than just the motorcycle TT) is the whole island shut down? can you get from place to place?
Indeed. As a kid I don’t think I could fully appreciate the experience as I would now but my memories are priceless. The main action happens in a big loop in the middle of the island (Ramsey in the north (where my grandparents were), Douglas in the southeast, and near Peel in the west. In the middle is Snaeffel mountain. When the main loop is in action yes it can be difficult to get around other than within the south and north.

I followed a Panamera at ludicrous speeds for about 30 miles. I love this car for 22K.
More deets please. This is what matters. You don't have to have a $100k+ car [ironically ;)]to love a car. It can be $500 shitbox that is the most useful call ever or because you bought it for $500.. Like what you like.

Today’s sightings at the rockaway mall.

I could hear the Lambo before I could see it after dropped off my son but it wasn’t that hard to find in that color.

Then I saw the Honda slamagan. How do you drive like that without wrecking th underside of the car.

View attachment 171466

Probably on bags. My car is on bags and sits this low. I raise it up with a press of a button. Never have to worry about steep driveways or speed bumps.

@THATmanMANNY I saw that Porsche Panamera with roof box the other day too! Where was your photo taken? Perfect for my IG @i_like_your_box account!

Nice truck, I wood leave the boost alone for now and run it til it needs something. If the maintenance was kept up you be good. LMK where your real world MPG nets out pls.

@GSTim I love my 2020 3.5 ecoboost. I did a Roush stage 1 power pack which is the cold air intake and tune. HP per dollar, this is one of the best ways to get more power out of these engines. Did a resonator delete as well to give it a little rumble.
I traded in my ‘13 5.0 F-150 for this after I started getting the telltale rust bubbles on the rear wheel arches, watch out for that. It comes from the inside.
As far as mileage, I get between 16-18 around town depending on how heavy my foot is that day. That’s with the 10 speed trans and 3:55 axle gears. Highway is about 19-21mpg5A50CEE5-0198-4818-991D-E6ABF9B86C7F.jpeg

Last edited:
about as ugly as his QB play....If I were him I would get the paint color change on the schedule for next year.

Its too bad, because the back of the car actually looks pretty good, but you can never fix that grille. I hope for the sake of the people who bought these....BMW just stays with it and forces people to eventually like it....If they realize their mistake and change it...like say the 2000 911 (996), or the chris bangle bmws, or the mustang II, or the toyota celica, etc etc...where they introduced the new design...it was PANNED and they changed it pretty quickly....it REALLY hurts the value...and not like your buying an M3 to make money on it, but its always nice to be able to buy a car, drive it for a while and not have it TANK in value.
Add Subaru's mid 2000's Edsel grille to this list. How does this crap make it out of committee.
280px-2006-2007_Subaru_Tribeca_%28B9_MY07%29_R_Premium_Pack_wagon_%282011-11-17%29.jpg

@ekuhn e46 330ci vert auto with sport and premium packages. I’m actually really impressed by the auto. Low mileage flipper I found in Elizabeth! I may fall in love with it too 🤔 easier to drive than the m3 for sure and similar handling. Seller had some other nice 90s stuff too.

Not cleaned and as I saw it.
9E18236E-14D7-44E4-899B-0BF522A19626.jpeg

@ekuhn e46 330ci vert auto with sport and premium packages. I’m actually really impressed by the auto. Low mileage flipper I found in Elizabeth! I may fall in love with it too 🤔 easier to drive than the m3 for sure and similar handling. Seller had some other nice 90s stuff too.

Not cleaned and as I saw it.
View attachment 172038
I knew that was an E46, but I thought that you bought the E36?

really? i thought the whole point of these engines was better mpg? i get the high end of those ranges from my HEMI, no i dont have a light foot.
It’s still just a pickup shaped like a giant brick… My old ‘13 with the 5.0 struggled to hit 14mpg average around town and would barely break 18 on a long highway trip. Maybe if you’re a hypermiler you’d do better but I ain’t got time for dat!

Back
Top Bottom