Car-spotting thread

Dingo

That fpc vette motor should sound insane at 9K rpm
Yeah, sure will when one the .05 cent valve springs breaks and sends a valve and piston into orbit. These things now are dropping like bugs around a campfire, and the red line is way lower

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Yeah, sure will when one the .05 cent valve springs breaks and sends a valve and piston into orbit. These things now are dropping like bugs around a campfire, and the red line is way lower
Should I be worried about the GS motor? I already run it in Sport mode all the time to turn off the cylinder deactivation. Any other tips?

Dingo

Should I be worried about the GS motor? I already run it in Sport mode all the time to turn off the cylinder deactivation. Any other tips?
Those DOD lifters are a huge problem. At least 1 a week here. Either get the add on Range deacivator or use the sport mode.
Valve springs on the 2020/21 are breaking too. We had 3 blown up engines so far due to springs.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
man you would think theyd put a little bit of effort into getting it right on a car that attracts so much attention.

Not sure why GM is having such issues with it when others have gotten the cylinder deactivation to work without blowing up engines.

Dingo

man you would think theyd put a little bit of effort into getting it right on a car that attracts so much attention.

Not sure why GM is having such issues with it when others have gotten the cylinder deactivation to work without blowing up engines.
Cyl deactivation problem is only the lifters getting unlatched and results in misfires. The broken springs are blowing up engines.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Damn you! Sent me down the rathole of learning about Girardville, population ~1500. 1/2 deserted former mining town. Median household income: $23,702. A GT3 and C6 Z06 must have attracted a fair bit of attention!

I assure you we attracted lots of attention. I want to AirBnB there for 30 days and write a book about it.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Same here but gotta say the jet engine whine of these is pretty cool. 1/4 mile in 10.7 sec @ 158 mph!

Little better than that
1619716384297.png

Looks like 8.41@167 for the CJ and 10.48@136 for the mach e

8.4s is around what i have seen the gas powered versions of the CJ mustangs run. But this was at an NHRA national event where they were running on an index.

Cyl deactivation problem is only the lifters getting unlatched and results in misfires. The broken springs are blowing up engines.
just shitty material? like you would think after 100 years of making valve springs this would be figured out

Top Bottom