Car-spotting thread

mfennell

A knee was bothering me Saturday afternoon so I took Sunday off from riding and met up with some friends. I actually have a few who don't ride bikes. Weird. Anyway, the local C&C, which we started, has been cancelled because we can't have nice things so a small group has been getting together Sunday AM, usually at Bellworks in Holmdel. Shoot the shit, go for a little drive, head home. Last time they had four Ford GTs show up. Two new, two "old".

bellworks2.jpg
That's a GT350R Heritage. The owner just pulled the carbon wheels/Sport Cup2s off for the colder weather. I had planned to bring my Factory Five Cobra but I left the key in it overnight like an idiot. 2.5V. Besides, my friends hadn't actually seen my little wagon which, it turns out, can hang with a '13 911 Cab S, at least in the lower gears, which was a surprise to all. Next to the 911 is a Boxster Spyder, then a Focus ST. Hidden in the back is an R32 GT-R. The GT350R owner headed off to a C&C at the Molly Pitcher to meet up with his dad and switch cars for the week so the Ford GT can get some more runs in before winter! Oh, and the cops closed down that C&C due to noise complaints. Again - can't have nice things.

But Mike, haven't you casually mentioned eleventy-billion times that you own a Ferrari 360? Why not take that instead?

360-leak.jpg

That is why. I put it on the lift to change out the fluids and found this. That hole has a rubber plug in it, so oil leaks largely just pool in the gigantic undertray.

360-cambelt.jpg

I pulled the timing cover off to confirm it's not cam seals, which would require a trip to the shop. The valve covers are definitely leaking but I'm a little concerned that the amount of oil I found does not correlate with the leaks I'm finding. So far, I've only pulled that accessory belt and the coil packs. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking I might throw them back in and run it for a while to see if I can spot an active drip.

don

Bummer about the C&C's getting shut down. I've been looking for a local one (Red Bank area) and heard last night there was one at the Molly Pitcher yesterday. Is it the same people getting it closed down? And is it loud exhausts causing the noise complaints?

mfennell

Bummer about the C&C's getting shut down. I've been looking for a local one (Red Bank area) and heard last night there was one at the Molly Pitcher yesterday. Is it the same people getting it closed down? And is it loud exhausts causing the noise complaints?
I was told yesterday was shut down because of size + noise complaints. We had a great one at the Grove for years but it got too big and started attracting too many d-bags who felt the only way to leave the parking lot was at full throttle. Once you see a bunch of people with cameras at the exit, the end is near. The problem now is that someone sets something up, it gets shared all over (the Red Bank Cars&Coffee FB group alone has 1,600 members and 390 member requests outstanding), and the same a-holes show up to ruin it. At this point, the only thing that's workable is invite-only.

Reactions: don

rick81721

Lothar
I was told yesterday was shut down because of size + noise complaints. We had a great one at the Grove for years but it got too big and started attracting too many d-bags who felt the only way to leave the parking lot was at full throttle. Once you see a bunch of people with cameras at the exit, the end is near. The problem now is that someone sets something up, it gets shared all over (the Red Bank Cars&Coffee FB group alone has 1,600 members and 390 member requests outstanding), and the same a-holes show up to ruin it. At this point, the only thing that's workable is invite-only.

Pffft what fun is a car show if you can't do a burnout on exit??

don

It sounds exactly like some of the jump spots that have gotten taken out/over. One or 2 boneheads that stumble upon them put it on social media and word gets out to other d-bags. Guys that don't contribute in any way and feel like it's their for them. IG and FB seem to have fueled these people even more so :(

Top Bottom