Car-spotting thread

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finally some competition for the slingshot

I love these image vehicles for how stupid they are. They're basically for people who can't figure out how to ride a motorcycle but want people to think they're badass. They're the replacement for the old guy on the harley with the stereo blasting so you hear him in between revving the engine. Everytime there's a Polaris in Morristown it's got the stereo blasting.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I love these image vehicles for how stupid they are. They're basically for people who can't figure out how to ride a motorcycle but want people to think they're badass. They're the replacement for the old guy on the harley with the stereo blasting so you hear him in between revving the engine. Everytime there's a Polaris in Morristown it's got the stereo blasting.

Those are so stupid, when I first saw what was linked I thought it was a car but no it's a botched abortion of cool. Similar to that footprint but billions of times cooler are caterhams.

CifQQBwNYqQfeYiRfglTZ96zkoHohzV6y3IvVrAERIe-6UjSd4WDeWnYhPCnIXhlcaWSmAAlpqZ0xPxmrDjFe2bDohXYuj8Hc5tnQxJbMxTZMH2ExgWQ

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For me it fits into more of the Atom category if only for the looks, despite being classified as a "motorcycle". I just think it looks kind of cool compared to the Slingshot, Trex, etc. Would drive. And yes, every Polaris blares music. Constantly hear them on Franklin Turnpike when it's over 50 degrees coming from the shop there.

These are for the can't-ride-a-motorcycle class of people.
original.jpg

LEYJYQKGTBBHDB4MITOHZKWNFI.jpg

Danimal

For me it fits into more of the Atom category if only for the looks, despite being classified as a "motorcycle". I just think it looks kind of cool compared to the Slingshot, Trex, etc. Would drive. And yes, every Polaris blares music. Constantly hear them on Franklin Turnpike when it's over 50 degrees coming from the shop there.

These are for the can't-ride-a-motorcycle class of people.
Locomotion is where I demo'd the Vanderhall. They told me I need to take the slingshot out to compare, I just never had a chance.

mfennell

One from my garage. I'm doing 'everything' at once on my '19 Sportwagen. is38 turbo (Golf R), clutch from Audi TTRS, Koni SA struts and shocks, Golf R springs and rear sway bar, 18" VW 'Pretoria' wheels (18" version of the 19s on the R a year or two ago), 1" larger front brakes. Something simple on the intake side (an elbow and pipe have been shown to be worth it). Not planning to touch the exhaust, even if it costs me some power. I have two loud cars already.

All the turbo and clutch parts are in. 1/2 the suspension bits. Everything else but the intake pieces are on order.

gsw_work_starts.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
One from my garage. I'm doing 'everything' at once on my '19 Sportwagen. is38 turbo (Golf R), clutch from Audi TTRS, Koni SA struts and shocks, Golf R springs and rear sway bar, 18" VW 'Pretoria' wheels (18" version of the 19s on the R a year or two ago), 1" larger front brakes. Something simple on the intake side (an elbow and pipe have been shown to be worth it). Not planning to touch the exhaust, even if it costs me some power. I have two loud cars already.

All the turbo and clutch parts are in. 1/2 the suspension bits. Everything else but the intake pieces are on order.

View attachment 123708

Which lift did you get?

mfennell

Which lift did you get?
I think it's a propark 7. It doesn't seem to be available anymore. I've had it for 10+ years.

How I got it is a bit of a funny story. 3 guys bought lifts from Greg Smith Equipment at the same time to save on shipping. One of them had a low ceiling but planned to use the casters to roll it out and work on cars. Even paid extra for nicer casters. Unfortunately, he failed to measure the height of his garage door! This isn't the kind of thing you just send back. Eventually he sold it to me at a reasonable discount.

Top Bottom