Car-spotting thread

leaving the office for the day, ill have to look later....but @Magic, off the top of my head I know that litter red shitbox is a Fiat 126....Is this what was considered the chevy suburban when you were growing up in Poland?
Actually yes, except I only 'grew up' until 4 in Poland before coming to 'Murica. These used to be vacation machines that fit 5 people and a camper/trailer. Unfortunately we never had a 126p. Before we left Poland, we had a 1985-ish Passat and a Trabant. I always wanted a 126p.

The other piece of shit is another Polish-built car, but from a Polish company. FSO Syrena.

leaving the office for the day, ill have to look later....but @Magic, off the top of my head I know that litter red shitbox is a Fiat 126....Is this what was considered the chevy suburban when you were growing up in Poland?

Hey now...the Fiat 126 was just a Fiat 500 in disguise...and with a body made of sheet metal that would rust just looking staring at it, thankfully it was so ugly that nobody was looking at it in the first place!

These used to be vacation machines that fit 5 people and a camper/trailer.

My aunt's 126 was overheating just going uphill with two people inside, she was about 4' tall and I was 11...what kind of 'magic' was that?

The other piece of shit is another Polish-built car, but from a Polish company. FSO Syrena.

I knew of the Syrena but never seen one...

Actually yes, except I only 'grew up' until 4 in Poland before coming to 'Murica. These used to be vacation machines that fit 5 people and a camper/trailer. Unfortunately we never had a 126p. Before we left Poland, we had a 1985-ish Passat and a Trabant. I always wanted a 126p.

My dad use to talk about the Syrena’s like they were Cadillac’s. I guess back then they didn’t know any better so might have been luxury to them.

My dad use to talk about the Syrena’s like they were Cadillac’s. I guess back then they didn’t know any better so might have been luxury to them.
Maybe because it was huge compared to 126p sized cars, or because it was one of the few Polish cars and they were proud, lol.

@UtahJoe didnt see that vid? Link? I don’t know why but the gt500 doesn’t appeal to me as much as the gt350r

Sorry, but if you see someone doing that. Don’t be a bystander!

Had a little good time chasing this gt tree fiddy to gwb
05D6EE34-F6AA-4070-A847-9D6945B2FC6B.jpeg457731B9-31C9-4982-A40C-96A66D17335C.jpeg

Notice his voice goes up a couple of octaves at 5:55 as if he was kicked in the cojones. Lol. I’m not into the drag scene but I’m sure that was exciting to experience.

Interesting find at the retirement community my mom lives in that I saw while making a u-turn.
1964 Studebaker Commander, while it got some rust bubbles it looks pretty good.
I’m curious if it may be a bit of a sleeper though, evidenced by the twin exhaust pipes, Lakewood traction bars, & a B&M floorshifter.9ADBF4A7-16FE-41AE-BB22-E3251AA6CBA0.jpeg86CC1705-2245-4CA7-8B2B-F4BE54C6B113.jpeg26B75524-C625-4383-88F3-E49D5B0C3507.jpeg

I don’t know why but the gt500 doesn’t appeal to me as much as the gt350r

The GT350 is really fast and from what people say an amazing driving experience.... The gt500 is just flat out fast but as with everything built to hit the numbers, the humans have to be removed from the equation..... In that video... Kid was just flooring his way to a 1.72 60 ft time with a 760 rwd car on street tires... That is absolutely absurd.... No chance anyone but the most pro of pro racers could do something like that with this car and a manual/no launch control. 12 sec dsm or Evo might hit high 1.6s, but of course with AWD. these cars are just built to be human proof

Back
Top Bottom