Car-spotting thread

Everyone saw that 18 year old pick up his new GT500, drive to a dragstrip for the first time in his life...then rip off 10.6s @133mph....Pretty impressive...albeit doesnt look all that exciting from inside the car.

Yeah then C&D runs an 11.4 - kinda embarrassing

@Mountain Bike Mike

this grabbed my attention as its definitely very unusual and I have never seen one before.....I can tell by the headlights have the bullet shaped buckets and also not being in the fenders...this car is ~1935-1937. Looks European with the low doors, but too curvy to be British...MG's, Jags, Astons at this time had like rectangular windshields, vertical grilles, very squared off....No split windshields....its not really curvy enough to be italian..like an Alpha, or a lancia, etc....Mercedes and BMWs at this time were pretty easy to spot....So I guessed the other German...1936 Audi Wanderer

Pretty sure this is it. Notch in the running board looks pretty unique.....
HI050129_x750.jpg

@Mountain Bike Mike

this grabbed my attention as its definitely very unusual and I have never seen one before.....I can tell by the headlights have the bullet shaped buckets and also not being in the fenders...this car is ~1935-1937. Looks European with the low doors, but too curvy to be British...MG's, Jags, Astons at this time had like rectangular windshields, vertical grilles, very squared off....No split windshields....its not really curvy enough to be italian..like an Alpha, or a lancia, etc....Mercedes and BMWs at this time were pretty easy to spot....So I guessed the other German...1936 Audi Wanderer

Pretty sure this is it. Notch in the running board looks pretty unique.....
HI050129_x750.jpg

this thread could be renamed to - Try to stump Utah

this thread could be renamed to - Try to stump Utah
hahaha I have the internet now, its too easy.... I mean this isnt like the old days when my dad and I would do this while driving back and forth to utah and I got tired of listening to his CBS FM tapes (he would tape cousin brucie and play it over and over and OVER again). But if you have looked at enough cars over the years to recognize the design cues from certain countries, eras, etc....you can get a good idea where to start....The year is usually the easiest...Its amazing how easy it is to tell the years of cars made in this era. American, german, etc...they shared so many design cues...especially headlights.

Back
Top Bottom