Car-spotting thread

mfennell

Stopped by Classic Coach in Elizabeth to pick up my car. As mind blowing as ever. Three F40s. A 288 GTO. Diablo. The shell of a 250 SWB they had stripped down to nothing for a full restoration. A 1948 166MM that still gets driven. A couple Boxers. A 333SP that's been there forever. The usual mess of 355s, 360s, and 430s. A bunch of cars from the '60s that I'm not familiar with. A LaFerrari Aperta (last time I was there, they had 2 of them).classic-coach.jpeg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stopped by Classic Coach in Elizabeth to pick up my car. As mind blowing as ever. Three F40s. A 288 GTO. Diablo. The shell of a 250 SWB they had stripped down to nothing for a full restoration. A 1948 166MM that still gets driven. A couple Boxers. A 333SP that's been there forever. The usual mess of 355s, 360s, and 430s. A bunch of cars from the '60s that I'm not familiar with. A LaFerrari Aperta (last time I was there, they had 2 of them).View attachment 93052
Goddam thats some list....

Im guessing you didnt bring an honda civic in there for repairs? im sure you posted it, but what do you have again?

THATmanMANNY

@mfennell
omg I always wondered what that shop is a pass everyday on the train. The backyard parts lot is filled with just crazy F stuff that seems like junk but I'm sure is quite a fortune.

mfennell

Goddam thats some list....
A friend ran me up there. It was his first visit and I wondered if I had over-sold the place. I've been there enough times that I'm almost used to it but he was just blown away. "Are those spare F40 doors hanging on the wall?"

UtahJoe said:
Im guessing you didnt bring an honda civic in there for repairs? im sure you posted it, but what do you have again?

360.jpg

mfennell

@mfennell
omg I always wondered what that shop is a pass everyday on the train. The backyard parts lot is filled with just crazy F stuff that seems like junk but I'm sure is quite a fortune.
Their work is amazing. You can practically hand them a VIN plate and a fuzzy old picture and come back in 3 years for your car.

In other random news, we have a new car in our garage. My wife tagged a red-light-runner in my e-golf a couple weeks ago. Everyone fine and not a huge amount of damage but it prompted some thinking about the relative safety of her 1991 BMW 318is. She's had it 20 years. Her requirements were 4 seat, convertible, 6MT, all the modern safety stuff. I got a little traction with the thought of a used M4 (dammit!) until she discovered they're about the size of an E39 5 series.

small-mini.jpg

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Stopped by Classic Coach in Elizabeth to pick up my car. As mind blowing as ever. Three F40s. A 288 GTO. Diablo. The shell of a 250 SWB they had stripped down to nothing for a full restoration. A 1948 166MM that still gets driven. A couple Boxers. A 333SP that's been there forever. The usual mess of 355s, 360s, and 430s. A bunch of cars from the '60s that I'm not familiar with. A LaFerrari Aperta (last time I was there, they had 2 of them).View attachment 93052
This still upstairs? Was on of my favorites last time I was there.

Attachments

• CA84F628-7A53-4AE0-86CA-08247D70D4B4.jpeg
    CA84F628-7A53-4AE0-86CA-08247D70D4B4.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 18

mfennell

This still upstairs? Was on of my favorites last time I was there.
If it was, we didn't see it. If I have my orientation correct, there was a freshly painted 400 (with 90k miles on it) in that spot yesterday next to an also-freshly-painted 330 (I think). It's always so random there and not just in the that's-worth-x-millions sense. There was an E30 M3 beat up track rat that they're going to bring back to a street car. A 1-owner '60-something Alfa Romeo Sprint Volece. An early '90s Alfa Spider.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
you should remind her that a Mini is now about the size of a 5 series also
Truth.

When Mrs. G still had her first-gen Clubman (good riddance), we were given the latest platform as a loaner when the dealer had to do extended warranty work, and I couldn't believe how big that thing was, especially the width.

LukeW

Their work is amazing. You can practically hand them a VIN plate and a fuzzy old picture and come back in 3 years for your car.

In other random news, we have a new car in our garage. My wife tagged a red-light-runner in my e-golf a couple weeks ago. Everyone fine and not a huge amount of damage but it prompted some thinking about the relative safety of her 1991 BMW 318is. She's had it 20 years. Her requirements were 4 seat, convertible, 6MT, all the modern safety stuff. I got a little traction with the thought of a used M4 (dammit!) until she discovered they're about the size of an E39 5 series.

View attachment 93109
Those new "Minis"(not too small anymore) are basically little FWD BMWs. So I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 93109
Wife has had a Countryman S ALL4 for two years now and loves it. After 12 years in a minivan, she enjoys driving a car again.

Top Bottom