"Capital to Coast" trail?

gpTron

Not sure where to put this so if the mods have a better place then that's cool.

Anyway, so I live in Hightstown where they're going through with a whole plan to make it way more bike and pedestrian friendly, which is great. But while looking through all the documentation they provided I came across the mention of the Capital to Coast trail, which for those who don't know connects Trenton to Manasquan. I googled it and there's a huge gap in articles. I'm talking 2008 until 2017 and nothing since. Is this trail a thing? Is there a GPX file of what's currently there? Is there anything there? I'd love to know because I would really love to do this.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It has been on here before - it seems to have fizzled a bit.
the part which caught me is the link with the D&R tow path. many of us could ride to the ocean!

gpTron

What's
It has been on here before - it seems to have fizzled a bit.
the part which caught me is the link with the D&R tow path. many of us could ride to the ocean!
That would be so cool. Do you know what the hold up has been?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Projects require people to advocate.

Something this large would require a long time, and a lot of commitment.
Something like creating a 501c3 org that identifies properties to purchase,
puts together a volunteer crew to scout, clear, and connect.
Goes to each town's council, park&rec meetings, to educate, and rally the troops (you'll eventually need their DPW)

i'm working on the somerset county E-W trail right now. I said 10 years. the somerset county parks director laughed, and said not a chance.
it isn't a shortage of $$ - but barriers to success - bad blood with homeowners along the path - political disagreements between parties
(you will not have success on my watch)

Again - it comes down to people doing the right thing, not going too rogue, (or rouge which is popular here) and a shitload of time.
ask @Bleeder or @Frank about the glacial pace of progress.......

Top Bottom