Capik Preserve.

crash_in_nj

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has been riding here lately. I've been getting up early and going running here in the mornings before work, and I've been seeing mtb tracks. This is the park on Bordentown Ave in Sayreville. Anyone?

The Kalmyk

Nope, never been and haven't heard anything about it on the board. Ride it and post up a review. We have members close to Sayreville so I would imagine if it was worth it the word would have been out.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has been riding here lately. I've been getting up early and going running here in the mornings before work, and I've been seeing mtb tracks. This is the park on Bordentown Ave in Sayreville. Anyone?
How much trail is in there?

I was living in Sayreville in 1992, when I was just starting to ride, and was always looking for a local place to goof around in. We used to ride all the hiking trails in Cheesquake back then, before they really began enforcing the "hiking only" rules.

crash_in_nj

I've taken my bike through a bunch of this place, and so I know it will never be a major destination. It's like a mini-Allaire, minus all the years of hard work folks have put in down there maintaining the trail network. I'd say if you wanted a quick hit it would be good if you live close enough. I haven't ever been to Cheesequake, so I can't compare it other than to say there's no charge to park at Capik:) I talked to the land manager, and he told me the park is 500 acres. I can't tell you which 500 acres belong to the park, because there is more open space than that out there. Here's a google maps satellite shot of the area (hopefully you'll be able to see it):
Google Maps Satellite shot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom