Canyon Endurace

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kinda back to the drawing board. Canyon does make an Ultegra equipped 8 in the same price range as the Campy, but there is no inventory in my size for either model. The Di2 is a want vs. need situation, and at the end of the day, I'm not really sure if I want to spend that much money on something that I can't throw a leg over, despite how good it looks on paper.

Checked out a Trek Domane SL 5 today. Good looking bike, equipped with Shimano 105 and rounded out with Bontrager parts, but tipped the scales over 20lbs.

Read up on the Defy Advanced 1, and these come equipped with Ultegra drivetrain and brakes and assorted Giant parts. The 2019 and 2020 appear to be the same bike with different color schemes, with favorable pricing on the 2019 model. I guess I will have to head to a not-so-local bike shop tomorrow to check them out.
I have a Defy 2 105 and had a Domane aluminum. Both are great, but the defy is better. I recommend it to everyone. My first big ride on it was the 50 mile monkey knife fight gravel ride. The Dfuse seat post really soaks up the bumbs.
Great bike!

I did replace the brakes. Went with mechanical caliper and swapped out the stock wheels.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Kinda back to the drawing board. Canyon does make an Ultegra equipped 8 in the same price range as the Campy, but there is no inventory in my size for either model. The Di2 is a want vs. need situation, and at the end of the day, I'm not really sure if I want to spend that much money on something that I can't throw a leg over, despite how good it looks on paper.

Checked out a Trek Domane SL 5 today. Good looking bike, equipped with Shimano 105 and rounded out with Bontrager parts, but tipped the scales over 20lbs.

Read up on the Defy Advanced 1, and these come equipped with Ultegra drivetrain and brakes and assorted Giant parts. The 2019 and 2020 appear to be the same bike with different color schemes, with favorable pricing on the 2019 model. I guess I will have to head to a not-so-local bike shop tomorrow to check them out.
What are you looking for in stack and reach ??

Shaggz

A strong 7
Defy Advanced 1 FTW. Went with the '20 as the '19 had a conversion from Ultegra to mechanical discs. Props to Eric at Hilltop Madison who spent close to 2 hours with me fitting the bike, proper cleat positioning, etc.
20190820_185107.jpg

Took it for a quick spin around the lake today and it felt really comfortable. Looking forward to putting some miles on it this weekend.

Ian F

While I probably wouldn't buy a Canyon (as much as I do enjoy watching Troy Brosnan race...), I'm just happy to see a bike spec'd with a Campy drivetrain. When I get a new road bike, it'll probably have to be built from a bare frame for that reason.

jdog

Shop Keep
While I probably wouldn't buy a Canyon (as much as I do enjoy watching Troy Brosnan race...), I'm just happy to see a bike spec'd with a Campy drivetrain. When I get a new road bike, it'll probably have to be built from a bare frame for that reason.
95EFC45E-5ED9-43FE-B593-248E9C6739BD.png
I’ll just leave this here.. Cdale synapse record for 2020..

jdog

Shop Keep
Have you ridden the new topstone? 30mm might be overkill but might also be awesome.
I have. Super fun bike. Kinda weird, but really cool.

Could be a really good all around bike for anyone not road racing.

Top Bottom