Canyon Endurace

Shaggz

A strong 7
I am in the market for a new road bike, and the Canyon Endurace has shown up on my radar. Geometry is pretty spot on for me, and I was speaking with someone this past weekend who absolutely loves his. On line reviews have been very positive, too.

Before we go down the rabbit hole of supporting LBS vs. DTC, I do support my LBS and I am not really a fan of the brands they carry. I could drive a distance to purchase from another shop, but I would be bringing it to my LBS for service anyway.

So the questions are: Does anyone have experience with Canyon bikes? What are your thoughts on the relative value of these 2 builds? Any recommendations for comparable builds? Frame is the same on each bike.

Endurace CF SL 8.0 Disc ($2,999.99)
Drivetrain: Campagnolo Potenza 11 GS
Brakes: Campagnolo Potenza 11 Disc Ergopower
Wheel/Tires: Mavic Aksium Elite UST Disc, Yksion Pro UST 28 mm
Cockpit: Canyon H31 Ergocockpit CF
Saddle/Seatpost: Fizik Aliante R5/Canyon S15 VCLS 2.0 CF

Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2 ($3,699.99)
Drivetrain: Shimano Ultegra Di2
Brakes:Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8070
Wheels/Tires: DT Swiss E 1800 Spline db, Continental Grand Prix 4000
Cockpit/Handlebar: Canyon V13/Canyon H17 Ergobar AL
Saddle/Seatpost: Fizik Aliante R5/Canyon S15 VCLS 2.0 CF

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So who is your LBS and are you in same area? Reason I ask is thought route 15 shop is dead but your in luck with ride bike shop in andover. Just in case you were unaware or unless you moved. Anyways good to have you back, have you ran into @bonefishjake while on your spaceship.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Thanks, Matty, it's good to be back. I was going to Pete over at Sussex Bike prior to it closing. I've been to Ride a couple of times, they seem like good guys. I'm not a fan of Specialized RBs and not looking for Niner gravel bikes.

alex_k

1st bike has a very cool integrated handlebar but it would be pain to change if it does not fit, I'd go with di2 over mechanical

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
So who is your LBS and are you in same area? Reason I ask is thought route 15 shop is dead but your in luck with ride bike shop in andover. Just in case you were unaware or unless you moved. Anyways good to have you back, have you ran into @bonefishjake while on your spaceship.

I feel like i'd be quicker to loop down to martys

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I’m a completely biased source, but I’ve seen some Canyon nightmares firsthand. Fitting, build quality and warranty drama

Just remember that a LBS can be your advocate when dealing with a bike company that they sell.

When dealing with Canyon, you must always be your own advocate.

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a Canyon Lux. I like the bike. It was weirdly spec'd (grip shift, narrow bar). Good value no doubt, not paying sales tax is a bonus. The bike was shipped quickly. I have not had to deal with them in any capacity pertaining to customer service or warranty issues, so I cannot report on that. This is my first experience with "direct to consumer".

Every brand is going with proprietary this and integrated that, so an emergency swap of a seatpost or handlebar will be somewhat of an issue no matter the brand. I would stay away from Campy.

When dealing with Canyon, you must always be your own advocate.

I think this is part of where the cost difference comes from and that being said, my next bike (who know's when that's going to be) will be purchased from the Seasick Unicorn.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Kinda back to the drawing board. Canyon does make an Ultegra equipped 8 in the same price range as the Campy, but there is no inventory in my size for either model. The Di2 is a want vs. need situation, and at the end of the day, I'm not really sure if I want to spend that much money on something that I can't throw a leg over, despite how good it looks on paper.

Checked out a Trek Domane SL 5 today. Good looking bike, equipped with Shimano 105 and rounded out with Bontrager parts, but tipped the scales over 20lbs.

Read up on the Defy Advanced 1, and these come equipped with Ultegra drivetrain and brakes and assorted Giant parts. The 2019 and 2020 appear to be the same bike with different color schemes, with favorable pricing on the 2019 model. I guess I will have to head to a not-so-local bike shop tomorrow to check them out.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kinda back to the drawing board. Canyon does make an Ultegra equipped 8 in the same price range as the Campy, but there is no inventory in my size for either model. The Di2 is a want vs. need situation, and at the end of the day, I'm not really sure if I want to spend that much money on something that I can't throw a leg over, despite how good it looks on paper.

Checked out a Trek Domane SL 5 today. Good looking bike, equipped with Shimano 105 and rounded out with Bontrager parts, but tipped the scales over 20lbs.

Read up on the Defy Advanced 1, and these come equipped with Ultegra drivetrain and brakes and assorted Giant parts. The 2019 and 2020 appear to be the same bike with different color schemes, with favorable pricing on the 2019 model. I guess I will have to head to a not-so-local bike shop tomorrow to check them out.

i recently picked up a Domane sl6 disc (2017) which im really happy with, full ultegra hydro brakes carbon wheels. Advertised at a hair under 18lbs iirc. would recommend the frame/geo if nothing else.

Top Bottom