Can't find a bike my size!!

R

rltrock

I am struggling to find a full susp XC frame my size. I am 5'5". Most small or x-small frames have a standover of about 73-75c. My standover is 75, so I think I need at least a couple of inches b/w the bar and my boys. Getting frustrated enough to start considering women frames.

Any ideas?

Aside from my mascilinity, what am I compromising by going with a woman's bike?

Ron

Wobbegong

I am struggling to find a full susp XC frame my size. I am 5'5". Most small or x-small frames have a standover of about 73-75c. My standover is 75, so I think I need at least a couple of inches b/w the bar and my boys. Getting frustrated enough to start considering women frames.

Any ideas?

Aside from my mascilinity, what am I compromising by going with a woman's bike?

Ron

Ventana X-5.....

http://www.ventanausa.com/frame_x5.html

R

rltrock

Actually may have found one

Specialized redesigned their fsr xc frame for 2009. Lower standover by moving the rear shock. Should work.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I am struggling to find a full susp XC frame my size. I am 5'5".
I've struggled with this in the past myself. I'm five six but have a short inseam (even for me) at 28". At some point I didn't let it bother me. Clearance is nice but not nearly as important a fit measurement as top tube length. One bike I bought was an XS Trance and it had plenty of clearance but a sub 21" top tube -- too small for me and sure enough I sold it within six months. My Azure has just enough clearance for my precious but more importantly a 22.5" top tube, which means it actually fits when I'm riding.

Just make sure the bikes you look at have a top tube measurement of 22.25 (+/- .25).

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
this is a subject that kinda worries me too. im 5'8 with a 30 inch inseam. so when i bought my bike i had to sacrifice some clearance around my groin area to find a good fit for my arm length.

pinkshirtphotos

i am 5 7 ish i took out an anthem x2 at the giant demo. felt a hair to small. i would recomend testing one if you are into the 26 inch wheels and all.

Top Bottom