Can't believe I just did that..

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
when I sold my car with a roof rack, I went back to a trunk mounted rack on my wife's car. The first time I used it, I had my rush, which was a few weeks old at the time on it and apparently I didn't pull the straps securing the top tube and the rear wiggled off going 70+ on 95 near RT 1, I was able to stop safely since it was 5:30am but my heart never raced so fast as when I saw it come off....

I pull the straps tight now.

I am was also victim to the pull in the garage with roof rack....luckily the rack popped off and didnt hurt the bike but scratched the hell out of my roof.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
roof rack adventures...

When I first began using roof racks, I installed the carrier forks for the front wheels and used them religiously, but occasionally didn't screw down the quick releases as much as I should have, apparently.

One morning on the way to a race, as we headed north on the Parkway, I just happened to glance in my rearview as the front wheel came off of my roof at 75mph, hit the ground rolling, and proceeded across to the median between the local and express lanes w/o hitting any other cars.

I managed to get the car pulled over and then got to play live-action Frogger across three lanes of Parkway traffic to retrieve the wheel while Mrs. ChrisG sat in the car and had several heart attacks. The wheel was unscathed, btw.

Sidenote: The bike had been borrowed from Chuck E. Never did tell him about this. Hi Chuck!:D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sidenote: The bike had been borrowed from Chuck E. Never did tell him about this. Hi Chuck!:D

That's great!

I currently have my rear tire mounted backwards.

I left my wheel at the back side parking lot of Lewis Morris not too long ago. Thankfully it was still there when I went back to get it.

Engignar

Last winter I had my VW loaded up with four buddies on the way back from snowboarding at Bellyeare. On the way home on I 87 at 80 mph Joe opens the passenger window and we hear a noise from the roof rack where the boards are all mounted. As we all peer through the sunroof *SNAP* the clamp that ties down the front of the boards releases (because I had not locked it, I lost the key) and the wind catches the boards, ripping them out of the back clamp and ejecting them into the air. All four fly directly over the suburban behind us, land on the left hand shoulder, and slide safely to a stop in the grass median. Then it was our turn to play frogger and retrieve the four boards, which, amazingly were unharmed save for some superficial scratches and a scratch on my roof.

The boards go in the car now.

pinkshirtphotos

i swapped the pedals off my 29er because i wanted to ride my full suspension the day before. i loaded my 9er on my car drove to school, then to kittatiny to find out there were no pedals on it. i have also forgotten water or any food on the day of a long ride. forget to pump up tyres and have no presta adapter is also another thing i do a lot.

mfennell

My buddy Phil and I were up at Round Valley one chilly fall day and discovered post-ride that I had lost the keys somewhere out on the trail. Fortunately, I had left the hatch unlocked. I amazed my non-mechanical buddy by getting the shitheap Subaru Justy running with two paperclips but I was afraid that trying to break the steering lock would create a disaster so we still had to wait and hour for my gf (now wife) to bring the keys to us. At least we were warm.

Then it broke down on the way home...

Top Bottom