Cannondale Rize and Moto

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this thread should be deleted for lack of 29er related materials. i expected more (or less) from you walt. :D

walter

Fourth Party
this thread should be deleted for lack of 29er related materials. i expected more (or less) from you walt. :D

Thats funny because I thought someone would mention the lack of 29er content.

It was brought up here a few days ago and since I have absolutely nothing to do all day I figured I would do a little research.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
they look like killer bikes.

oh, and if you have nothing to do, you can come over and sweep my garage if you want. :D

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I can't wait to get some time on the Rize. I will have a chance next week. Maybe even this weekend.

The real reason that the Rize is 26" is that it has taken them 2 years to make this bike happen.

This bike has a lot of "tech" in it and it shouldn't be brushed by w/o a more careful look. As more reviews of this bike come out you will notice that it is stiffer that it looks. The rear end is a big departure for c-dale. I am very happy to report that the Riaze is USA built while the moto is not. I will chime in a but more about it next week after i ride it.

I wish that this was a 29er but it won't happen for at least 1 year +/-.

2 years ago a 29er dual sus bike at a mainstream level would have been crazy.

Truth be told, they were working on a dual sus 29er for a while based on this design.

The two guys who were working on it left c-dale for design jobs outside the bike industry.

The idea has not been scrapped but it isn't in the super near future.

rrrrr.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I'm excited to ride these bikes but I will say it makes Cdale look a bit silly and/or hypocritical with all the continued up-talk about single pivots the past few years as most every other company went to a multi-pivot linkage system of some kind. "Simplicity, weight, blah blah..." -- It all seems just marketing BS now even while the single pivot is still a fine suspension system when set up well. Might not climb like a DW Link but it's still worth the money, and now they are essentially saying "Wait, no it isn't. This is better." Am I wrong?

They've also got some real overlap with the Rush and Rize, especially when the Rize frame is a similar or lighter weight. Weird.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I'm excited to ride these bikes but I will say it makes Cdale look a bit silly and/or hypocritical with all the continued up-talk about single pivots the past few years as most every other company went to a multi-pivot linkage system of some kind. "Simplicity, weight, blah blah..." -- It all seems just marketing BS now even while the single pivot is still a fine suspension system when set up well. Might not climb like a DW Link but it's still worth the money, and now they are essentially saying "Wait, no it isn't. This is better." Am I wrong?

They've also got some real overlap with the Rush and Rize, especially when the Rize frame is a similar or lighter weight. Weird.

The rush was built as a solo 24hr racer. The rize should be a more "fun" bike but it should climb like a champ. I think that there was room for this bike in their lineup.

The multi pivot design is about due. They had pressure from everywhere to get on board with this design.

I really like the rush carbon and i bet this bike should be a step up.

Glancing Aft

Glad to see the lefty isn't being killed off entirely on their bigger bikes. Also glad to see the made in USA sticker. Still too much bike for me...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The rize looks pretty nice. The moto multi-pivot design looks alittle bit wack but most designs do...

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
I think they're pretty sweet. The Moto looks awesome in my opinion! Just that linkage looks kind of crazy...

Top Bottom