Cannondale & IMBA

mtnbiker5

I dont ride a Cannondale however why dont I ever see them listed as a donor to IMBA? Seems like every other bike company, outdoor co.(REI) is listed. Anyone know what the deal is with them? Crankendale!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtnbiker5

This isnt about me liking or disliking Cannondale. Its about why they are not listed anywhere on IMBA's newsletters as a supporter of anything. THEY'RE NOT LISTED AND NEVER HAVE BEEN LISTED WHY NOT?! Go look in their newsletter. In a sport where support like this is extremely helpful in keeping trails open, maintaining trails and just backing us up on the legal front, one would think that a company like Cannondale would support a non profit like IMBA. Everyone else does. And for all the Cannondale lovers out there, perhaps this will make you think twice about buying a bike from a company that doesnt support IMBA. Probably because they're paying someone too much money to try and wash Tinker's hair.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
sour taste in your mouth??

:hmmm:
This isnt about me liking or disliking Cannondale. Its about ..paying someone too much money to try and wash Tinker's hair.

I sure sounds like you don't like C-dale! I am pretty sure that Tinker is NOT getting rich from the bike industry. It is more likely that he is getting by. This is usually the case with xc riders. Some road racers and Free-riders make some real money but I would doubt that Tinker is among the this group.

I will forward this on to My Cannondale Sales Rep

I have a hard time believing that they don't contribute in some way. They might not pony up the big bucks for corporate sponsorship but I am certain that they support mountain biking.

On a more local level they do support Jorba. I have done countless hours of trail work via my Cannondale. You might also see some mtbnj support from c-dale in the near future as well.

If you are serious about this you should post the same message on MTBR.com. on the Cannondale page. You will get more feedback and a better idea as to what efforts c-dale has put into mt biking on a national level.

scalpel6

This came from the C- Dale site

"If you work with an advocacy or land-access group… All of our support is channeled through one of three organizations that we aggressively support: CT-NEMBA for local trail-access issues, IMBA for national and international trail-access issues, and Bikes Belong! for cycling advocacy issues"

walter

Fourth Party
Score

This came from the C- Dale site

"If you work with an advocacy or land-access group… All of our support is channeled through one of three organizations that we aggressively support: CT-NEMBA for local trail-access issues, IMBA for national and international trail-access issues, and Bikes Belong! for cycling advocacy issues"

Go to Cannondale site, enter IMBA at the search bar on top and whammo, enjoy the read :)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
They DO listen

I dont ride a Cannondale however why dont I ever see them listed as a donor to IMBA? Seems like every other bike company, outdoor co.(REI) is listed. Anyone know what the deal is with them? Crankendale!!!!!!!!!!!!

¬Contact: Michael De Leon
Cannondale Sports Group
608-268-8309
mdeleon@cannondalegroup.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

IMBA and Bikes Belong Welcome Their Newest Member…
Cannondale Bicycles!

BETHEL, CONN. – May 20, 2008 – Cannondale Sports Group (CSG) President and CEO Jeff Frehner announced today that Cannondale Bicycles has committed to join IMBA and Bikes Belong at the corporate sponsor level. This sponsorship is part of the CSG’s expanding advocacy plan, which includes both maintaining current efforts and further developing new partnerships.

“Bicycle advocacy is an important goal for the Cannondale Sports Group. By collaborating and supporting IMBA and Bikes Belong we will be able to help grow the cycling community on a regional and national level,” said Frehner. “During my years of employment with Quality Bicycle Products (QBP) I gained an appreciation of the real impacts a strong advocacy program can have on a business and in a community. Now more than ever, advocacy is a necessary action for all bike users and producers.”

IMBA and Bikes Belong are two organizations known for getting people on bikes with safety programs, advocacy, and creating more places to ride. Cannondale Bicycles was a member and active participant in both organizations. It showed early support as an IMBA member from 1991 – 2002 and was one of the original ten members of Bikes Belong with a membership from 1999-2002.

“We're thrilled to have Cannondale joining as an IMBA Corporate Member. Their level of support is fantastic and provides critical support for our nationwide advocacy efforts to build, preserve and enhance trails for all mountain bikers," said Rich Cook, IMBA's Development Director.

“Cannondale was one of the visionary companies that launched Bikes Belong back in 1999,” said Tim Blumenthal, Bikes Belong Executive Director. “We are delighted to welcome them back now as a dues-paying corporate member to help get more people riding bicycles more often.”

With the support of CSG, Cannondale will renew memberships in both organizations and once again provide the commitment and dedication it showed in years past. “We are extremely excited to be part of a passionate group of brands that believe in the bicycle having a greater purpose,” said Scott Struve, Cannondale Global Director of Marketing. “Our mission includes both active and financial involvement with both Bikes Belong and IMBA. We look forward to seeing the population of cyclists grow as a result.”

Cannondale Sports Group and Cannondale Bicycles are part of Dorel Industries (TSX: DII.B, DII.A).

About Cannondale
Founded in 1971, Cannondale is a global designer, developer and manufacturer of high performance bicycles, apparel and accessories. With a strong reputation for continuous innovation and quality, the company is headquartered in Bethel, Connecticut, USA, with offices in Canada, Holland, Japan, Switzerland, Australia, and a manufacturing facility in Bedford, Pennsylvania.

About Dorel
Dorel Industries Inc. (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products and bicycle company. Established in 1962, Dorel creates style and excitement in equal measure to safety, quality and value. The Company’s lifestyle leadership position is pronounced in both its Juvenile and bicycle categories with an array of trend-setting products. In the Juvenile segment, Dorel’s powerfully branded products such as Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Safety 1st and Bébé Confort have shown the way to safety, originality and fashion. Similarly, its highly popular brands such as Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose and SUGOi have made Dorel a principal player with both independent bicycle dealers and mass merchants. Dorel’s Home Furnishings segment markets a wide assortment of furniture products, both domestically produced and imported. The Company exerts relentless innovation and marketing flair across all of its divisions. Dorel is a $2 billion company with forty-six hundred employees, facilities in seventeen countries, and sales worldwide.

US operations include Dorel Juvenile Group USA; the Cannondale Sports Group; Pacific Cycle; Ameriwood Industries which produces ready-to-assemble furniture; Altra Furniture; and Cosco Home & Office. In Canada, Dorel operates Dorel Distribution Canada and Dorel Home Products. Abroad, operations include Dorel Europe and IGC in Australia, a manufacturer and distributor of juvenile products. Dorel Asia sources and imports home furnishings products. Dorel China has eight offices which oversee the sourcing, engineering and logistics of the Company’s Asian supplier chain.

###

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
And for all the Cannondale lovers out there, perhaps this will make you think twice about buying a bike from a company that doesnt support IMBA.

Does this satisfy your questions???

As for people who own cannondale's, at the six mile trail day this past weekend, of the people who rode out, more than half of them were on cannondales...that has to count for something...

mtnbiker5

Great

Thats great to have Cannondale finally support IMBA again! As for seeing all these Cannondales out there on the trail, yeah I can say the same about Specialized, Trek, Gary Fisher and maybe Santa Cruz, depending on where you are. Thats all the lbs carry. If these lbs carried Moots, Ventana, Litespeed etc, in the same amount they carried the cookie cutter made in China brands you'd see more out there as well. Don't get into a pissing match with me about Cannondale or any other brand. I made an accurate statement about them not financially supporting IMBA and now six years later they are. Great! And all I have is a bunch of hilarious pissed off email posts from Cannondale lovers. Please. Raining out, going for a ride.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
That's the difference between private equity ownership that's looking only at the bottom line, and an owner that understand the bike market and the need to invest in building ridership. Looks like the Dorel buyout is already paying off mountain biking in general...

Top Bottom