can you help me run 10 miles saturday?

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
i believe my tri club is having a 10 mile run out of nyack saturday morning

please post back or pm if you are interested and or maybe we can help/push each other to finish the run

i gained a few pounds over the holidays and the most i ever ran was 10k a few weeks ago

please post back if you are interested, have words of advice, or any good advice for getting shape in the upcoming year regarding mtb, and or triathlete experience.

if you think running is lame, or if its great i am interested

about a week ago i had a dream, i was running in a race and i was going dam fast, it was a cool feeling

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
run, mtb or x.c.

i deleted my e-Vite for the run, so i am not sure of the logistics

en lieu of running, i may go up to wayway saturday (or x-c at ringwood), except the leader for ww has a caveat about "no go snow covered trails"?

anyone been up to waywaylanda lately, also is ringwood weis ctr x-c ready????

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
saturday we did X .C. @ Weis Ecology

p_00538.jpg

p_00542.jpg

p_00543.jpg

p_00547.jpg

p_00548.jpg

p_00560.jpg

See the hikers, mtb'ers, and skiers can make nice together!

Last edited:

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
not too much snow

there really wasn't enought snow to ski on.

it was really just a beginners clinic, maybe poconos is closest area for x. c. and or catksills, my kin recommend "Frost Valley YMCA" for an easy loop around lake

years ago, we parked one car at one road in catskills, and another at another and cycled one way (maybe from 42 over to 214, it was a common trail back in the day)

1.JPG

Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
i believe my tri club is having a 10 mile run out of nyack saturday morning. please post back or pm if you are interested and or maybe we can help/push each other to finish the run, i gained a few pounds over the holidays and the most i ever ran was 10k a few weeks ago, please post back if you are interested, have words of advice, or any good advice for getting shape in the upcoming year regarding mtb, and or triathlete experience.

I can't do the run but I would if I could.

To prepare, I would run as much as possible between now and then. Don't worry about hurting yourself, you won't. (Well, you could, but injury aside you certainly won't make the run any harder then it currently will be). I would eat very little all week and through the combination maybe you'll lose 5 pounds during the week. Body weight is huge for running. Make sure your running shoes and clothes kick ass. Cheap or performance-poor stuff is quickly noticeable. I love the Road Runner's Sports store on Rt 4 west, east of 17.

I ran yesterday with a triathlete, and he said it was difficult training for both and that at a point the time running really starting affecting his biking and vice versa. Also that tris can't be lost in the swim, but they can't be won without a good swim either. I can't imagine it's easy to train for.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
run faster

saturday 01.03.09, was the tri club's run, i deleted the e-vite, but i did enjoy the x-country skiing at weis ctr in ringwood

my next tri will be a winter one, so I don't need to worry about swimming, yet I swim several times a week, i opted out of nj state tri this year, since my swimming was too week.

hopefully this year i work on swimming, running, cycling and x-country in that order respectfully, i also hope to hit the weight room as much as possible

that being said, at least the next 4 months will be mostly done on the mtb

if i keep at, and live long enough, eventually i will be the only one in my age group and i'll get a victory

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
how old are you?
d.o.b. 08-12-1963

i'm currently 45, and will be 46 in 2009 god willing

the problem is the dude's hang in there longer than the gals at the tri stuff. two weeks ago at allaire there was a 60 year old dude that had completed 5 iron mans, and looked like he was the strongest rider out there that day

that being said, my first tri last year at riverwinds in west deptford, a women in her 50's won by default as she was the only one in her age category

i also did, wyckoff y tri, and mountain man this past year

the good news, is that i lost 30 lbs this past year when i started cycling heavily, the bad news is that i gain it back, as i am almost at 170 lbs, and would love to sink in around 155, even though doc says 165 is good for me

jimjo

unless your doctor is an athlete or sports conscious or you have a condition that would require you to be a specific weight, he's probably picking a number based on your BME / height which is nonsense

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
the weight: take the load off annie

doc, spouse and co-workers agree for me that 165 lbs is good weight, i'd rather hover around low 150's which would be less than my spouse

Top Bottom