Can we stop with the "cheater" lines?

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
so, when the next Sandy comes around and leaves downed trees all over the trails we should just "leave them where they lay".[/QUOTE]

If they are rideable, yes. Lets be reasonable here, if it looks like a tornado went through, of course there should be some clean up, I'm not proposing to make trails impossible for anyone but a trials rider. I'm proposing that rideable logs, that people are obviously riding over and have made part of a trails terrain, should not be removed.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like when Robin gets mad at injustice in the world. I'll put $50 on her too. And if you know what I went through this morning, you won't tempt fate by replying to this post in your usual manner. Of course, I'm baiting you.

police-radar.gif

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I like when Robin gets mad at injustice in the world. I'll put $50 on her too. And if you know what I went through this morning, you won't tempt fate by replying to this post in your usual manner. Of course, I'm baiting you.

police-radar.gif

If we get enough money on this, and some nice long-shot odds (obviously not in my favor), I may even entertain this. Time to dust-off they tights and disinfect the ol' EPO needles. Daddy needs a new fork.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
there is a big difference between a trail which goes over a large log, thus a trail around it appears, and cutting off a switchback.......who makes the call on what a large log is? (hence the problem)

there was a thread that attacked the "dumming down" of the trails awhile back.

and before that there was a thread about some reroutes because of erosion, which was interpreted as dumbing down, and thus vandalized.

the trails are not marked with skill levels.....and i don't think it is a skill or speed issue. i just think it is done because it can be and that it isn't just an mtb thing.

nomad

yeah I dunno. Ride the Cannonball from the soccer field and then take the new red trail to ringwood. Half of that ride has completely awesome trails, the other half is pretty much a piece of crap. I'll bet cash money that I can jump a bigger log than anyone in this thread, but I'm gracious that someone puts the effort in to keep the trails clean and maintained.
I have pipe dreams about being caught up on restoring my piece of crap house and having the time and energy and putting the effort into completely rerouting the entire cannonball trail up to the lake. So much potential, but so little maintenance. Hopefully science progresses quickly and we can clone the White's

Luke I will take you up on the log challenge,
I just rode the cannonballto soccer field last weekend.
let me show you a different route I take that makes it better but first it has to cool off a bit or I can't ride from the heat as you know

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
$50 bucks on Robin here too.

Challenge tranquility lot start white to crossover to cardiac and first one to Rollypolly trail head wins. MS we will have minions on course to keep you from the cheater lines :D

Hell i'll even segment that route on strava just for you...

Luke I take the log hopping challenge also, well not until i can doe...

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
Bring on the logs!! I love them and had always tried to leave them intact. We are talking going over logs, not logs with stick ramps on both sides right?? :hmmm:

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Inside, outside ,over ,under, take whatever line you like. We're a joke to the dirt, the forest and the planet. It'll all work out in the end. Go ride...........

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We saw a few new ones at Jungle yesterday...to fix them, I just began ranting uncontrollably at Iggy about his lycra.

SpartaBard

Inside, outside ,over ,under, take whatever line you like. We're a joke to the dirt, the forest and the planet. It'll all work out in the end. Go ride...........

ditto

We saw a few new ones at Jungle yesterday...to fix them, I just began ranting uncontrollably at Iggy about his lycra.

this makes about as much sense as this thread, which I think is the point.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
six mile never counts, liong rode his road bike on them trailz

i miss dying with you in allamuchy. need to do that again.

Top Bottom