Can one of you experts direct me in the right direction ?

ClickClack

Just back into MTB after 15 years off

I'm looking for a "woodsy " ride, smooth , no dangerous roots or jumps or downhills - just an awesome speedy trail in the woods.

I don't want to fall or put myself in too much danger.

That may sound " soft " to you but that's where I'm at these days - I'm not bent to break a collarbone.

I'm not saying it has to be marry poppins just those roots on a downhill are potentially deadly.

My first ride back I did a 20 foot drop from street level into the trail and almost flipped over.
Scary as hell but I'm not gunshy.

Would I be looking for straight single track ? ( I'm not up to speed on the correct MTB verbage)
Is 6 mile the right place ? Hartshorne? How bout the begginer Allaire ride?

Thanx!

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
6 mile is great for what you're looking for. That was my first experience into mountain biking and while I've had a few falls, there's nothing serious there. It has nice a nice flow, damn near impossible to get lost, and you can do varying lengths depending on how you're feeling that day. Always good to steer clear after rain for a few days, the water sits on top of the clay and takes longer to absorb. You'll have fun though.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
No park is going to be 100% rock/root free but it's doesn't sound like that's what you really want anyway. The ones you mentioned are 90+ percent smooth-ish. If you can, come to the Allaire ride Saturday. I think the ride will work out well for you.

BTW- Welcome Back.

qclabrat

Welcome,
just remember to check out the conditions reports. 6 mile has been hit or miss with all the rain. Depending where you are located, Nassau and Clayton are both good beginner parks

ClickClack

No park is going to be 100% rock/root free but it's doesn't sound like that's what you really want anyway. The ones you mentioned are 90+ percent smooth-ish. If you can, come to the Allaire ride Saturday. I think the ride will work out well for you.

BTW- Welcome Back.
I'm thinking of it - it says 3 hours ? Wow
So I need Helmet , back pack water bottle ?
Shorts & hiking boots okay?
Any other suggestions? Thx

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm thinking of it - it says 3 hours ? Wow
So I need Helmet , back pack water bottle ?
Shorts & hiking boots okay?
Any other suggestions? Thx
It's going to be a big group, so lots of stops probably. Won't be 3 hours of actual riding.
Helmet, 100% all the time, every time. No excuses.
The rest is up to you, but a good chamois will keep you comfortable both during and after the ride.

Welcome back! Have fun out there, and be safe.

ClickClack

It's going to be a big group, so lots of stops probably. Won't be 3 hours of actual riding.
Helmet, 100% all the time, every time. No excuses.
The rest is up to you, but a good chamois will keep you comfortable both during and after the ride.

Welcome back! Have fun out there, and be safe.
I hate Helmets and hats have never worn but I see that the MTB community has gone this way.

I raced a redline for years wilthout a helmet

I'll pick one up thx

Top Bottom