Can one of you experts direct me in the right direction ?

ClickClack

Just back into MTB after 15 years off

I'm looking for a "woodsy " ride, smooth , no dangerous roots or jumps or downhills - just an awesome speedy trail in the woods.

I don't want to fall or put myself in too much danger.

That may sound " soft " to you but that's where I'm at these days - I'm not bent to break a collarbone.

I'm not saying it has to be marry poppins just those roots on a downhill are potentially deadly.

My first ride back I did a 20 foot drop from street level into the trail and almost flipped over.
Scary as hell but I'm not gunshy.

Would I be looking for straight single track ? ( I'm not up to speed on the correct MTB verbage)
Is 6 mile the right place ? Hartshorne? How bout the begginer Allaire ride?

Thanx!

6 mile is great for what you're looking for. That was my first experience into mountain biking and while I've had a few falls, there's nothing serious there. It has nice a nice flow, damn near impossible to get lost, and you can do varying lengths depending on how you're feeling that day. Always good to steer clear after rain for a few days, the water sits on top of the clay and takes longer to absorb. You'll have fun though.

No park is going to be 100% rock/root free but it's doesn't sound like that's what you really want anyway. The ones you mentioned are 90+ percent smooth-ish. If you can, come to the Allaire ride Saturday. I think the ride will work out well for you.

BTW- Welcome Back.

Welcome,
just remember to check out the conditions reports. 6 mile has been hit or miss with all the rain. Depending where you are located, Nassau and Clayton are both good beginner parks

No park is going to be 100% rock/root free but it's doesn't sound like that's what you really want anyway. The ones you mentioned are 90+ percent smooth-ish. If you can, come to the Allaire ride Saturday. I think the ride will work out well for you.

BTW- Welcome Back.
I'm thinking of it - it says 3 hours ? Wow
So I need Helmet , back pack water bottle ?
Shorts & hiking boots okay?
Any other suggestions? Thx

I'm thinking of it - it says 3 hours ? Wow
So I need Helmet , back pack water bottle ?
Shorts & hiking boots okay?
Any other suggestions? Thx
It's going to be a big group, so lots of stops probably. Won't be 3 hours of actual riding.
Helmet, 100% all the time, every time. No excuses.
The rest is up to you, but a good chamois will keep you comfortable both during and after the ride.

Welcome back! Have fun out there, and be safe.

It's going to be a big group, so lots of stops probably. Won't be 3 hours of actual riding.
Helmet, 100% all the time, every time. No excuses.
The rest is up to you, but a good chamois will keep you comfortable both during and after the ride.

Welcome back! Have fun out there, and be safe.
I hate Helmets and hats have never worn but I see that the MTB community has gone this way.

I raced a redline for years wilthout a helmet

I'll pick one up thx

Back
Top Bottom