Can anyone dig on Monday Mornings?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have been getting into a Monday morning routine of a couple of hrs of digging.

I can not promise that I’ll do this every week, but please post here Sunday night if you think you can swing a 9 am Monday dig session.

Usually riding in but not always.

J
4C39F4B1-DB99-4A17-A81D-DAD694539856.jpeg
7CCF7E4B-F931-46CE-B524-9D272A2AEFC2.jpeg
2F378A2A-34C2-4ED6-901E-8D5588994E0F.jpeg

dvaidya

If you still need help on Monday May 16th let me know. I can help out. In training next week so cannot make it then.

pygmypony

thanks for all of this @jdog!

i will definitely keep this in mind, unfortunately been commuting into NYC most mondays lately, but would love to help next time i'm free.

jdog

Shop Keep
I think i'll be working on adding handrails to to bridges so the NICA race can happen.. :Ugh:

jdog

Shop Keep
These huge guardrails make it possible for us to hold NICA races at this park.

Im by no means a fan, but I will concede that they are needed to keep the course up to the letter of the law.

SO.. Its for the kids..

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Aren’t these going to tend to force the kids like…off the side?

jdog

Shop Keep
just make sure your bars are less than 820mm
Aren’t these going to tend to force the kids like…off the side?
Nica requires guard rails on both sides. This photo just shows the first one being built. Without these in place, the NICA race Would have been moved to it different venue.

Almost no one is happy to see them, but keep in mind that 400 or so kids will have a chance to race in the state where NICA didn’t exist not that long ago.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The rails seem much taller than they are - 42"
The deck is currently 35", and will be expanded between 45"-48" depending on the abutment,

I was considering an angled cut at the top of the posts so it would "feel" wider.
Seemed like something i could do afterwards if needed.
A top board should also be installed - "on the flat"
Could also make the middle rails flush with the posts. Not horrible.

1652173441844.png

The bridge was wider, and not as long last year.

1652174496689.png

Attachments

• 1652174418040.png
    1652174418040.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 95

rick81721

Lothar
The rails seem much taller than they are - 42"
The deck is currently 35", and will be expanded between 45"-48" depending on the abutment,

I was considering an angled cut at the top of the posts so it would "feel" wider.
Seemed like something i could do afterwards if needed.
A top board should also be installed - "on the flat"
Could also make the middle rails flush with the posts. Not horrible.

View attachment 184450

The bridge was wider, and not as long last year.

View attachment 184452

So the bridge is going to be built twice??

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
yeesh, those guard rails look like they make the bridge more dangerous. clipping you bars on them would not be fun, especially at race pace.
Honestly a jump looks safer, I know at least half of the NICA team I run would crash on that

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is it progress ?

20220509-141358.jpg

20220509-143231.jpg
Nica requires guard rails on both sides. This photo just shows the first one being built. Without these in place, the NICA race Would have been moved to it different venue.

Almost no one is happy to see them, but keep in mind that 400 or so kids will have a chance to race in the state where NICA didn’t exist not that long ago.
Sorry didn't mean to imply that I was opposed to the railing. I meant to poke fun at @Patrick and the 1 post he had up when I got there.

Top Bottom