Campmor H2H Ringwood Race

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Ringwood race course will be run differently from last year. The course map is up on Rvccmtb.com site. For those of you that have been racing for awhile, it will be a variation of the figure 8 course. The course will get marked either late Friday the 12th or early Saturday the 13th.

If I am able to lead any pre-ride tours, I will post them up here. Maybe later this week in the afternoon.

Sunday October 7 there will be Trail Maintenance at Ringwood on a section of the course. This will be one of the last times to get your paydirt hours in before the deadline.

Hope to see you at the race!!

pixy
RVCC
Team Campmor

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So you're going to have racers going both ways for a good 1/2 mile of the course?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No, it looks like the 2 "loops" of the figure 8 course overall for maybe 15 minutes of riding. Going in the same direction.

Yes, of course you're right. If I actually took the time to observe instead of shooting my mouth off before my brain had a chance to reply, I might not ask such stupid questions.

So moving on, is it possible for someone who doesn't know Ringwood to follow that map by themselves?

BiknBen

So you're going to have racers going both ways for a good 1/2 mile of the course?

The overlapping portion of the route goes in the same direction. It's a fire road that should take just a few minutes.

I've done this route and it is pretty cool. The majority of the climbing is done on fire roads while the singletrack is rippin.

M

mdinno

Would you folks happen to know if a hardtail is better suited or go with the FS at Ringwood?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
that's gonna be personal preference. there is a good amount of rocky trail, and the climbs will mostly be on wider fireroads, but not necessarily easy.there will be people on all different types of bikes racing. i would say to ride whichever one you feel more comfortable on for rocky, hilly mtn biking.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I haven't been since earlier this year, but I hear the course is quite dry and hard. The race loop is classic North Jersey glacial till. I'm going full squish.

Not So Fast

Yes its dry

I rode there yesterday (Sunday) and its very dry and as always, very rocky. You guys will probably smoke the single track. Hopefully the quads and moto guys will be out of the way. They were in there yesterday tearing up the fireroads.

Glancing Aft

Booo, No "renegade" on the course this year? What a disappointment. oh well, I'm still looking forward to it!

And I agree with Not So Fast, for the most part it's running the driest I've ever seen it right now.

xc62701

Renegade is where it's at. They should add that to the course but backwards from last year. It wouldn't take much :)

S

Shar0se

I will be at Pittsburgh for a conference while you are all racing your hearts out at Ringwood. Have fuN!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So how impossible is it going to be to follow this map by myself?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would need a bike, but I also need to get outta Brooklyn early to make it happen.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This thurs - tomorrow at Ryerson School parking lot 5:30, lights as ride will go into duskiness.

Top Bottom