Campmor H2H change in classes

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I race just to have fun and to improve myself as a rider. I haven't (and probably won't) place in the top three whether I race in a 35+ class or a 19-39 class. I guess my point earlier is that I enjoy racing (and losing) to people close to my age. I feel like the competition is good, motivating, and I feel as if I try hard enough I could someday maybe beat a few of these awesome women. However, if I'm getting my assed kicked each race by a 25 yr old, I know I'll get discourage and drop out of the series. It's mental as much as it is physical.

Hey, at least I won't be starting way in the back with the 'old ladies' anymore :rofl:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Any age group is fine with me. I'm just there to improve my skills, fitness and have fun. Unfortuanatly, I probably won't get any training in this winter as I just had ankle surgery a month ago (2 years after breaking it/misdiagnosed), just got off the crutches today and have to wear a boot for another month. And my doc said today that it will be 3 more months before I'm allowed to be active...hopefully he changes his mind about that one.. But, I may need another surgery in a few months if this one doesn't work- a bone & cartilage replacement. So, I hope to be racing, although I'm sure I won't be as fit as I could be. But that's fine as long as I'm having fun.

Good perspective.
Hope you're up and running with us soon!

Pokgirl

Spork
And without naming names, I know at least one who would be happier if they only had to admit to being 35+ and childish rather than 40+ and senseless.;)

Oh, I hear ya! Can you imagine - I have to admit I am 40, even though I won't yet be 40?!? Good Lord - next thing we will have to start wearing our ages on our calves like in tris! What's with this full disclosure stuff??

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Oh, I hear ya! Can you imagine - I have to admit I am 40, even though I won't yet be 40?!? Good Lord - next thing we will have to start wearing our ages on our calves like in tris! What's with this full disclosure stuff??

I hear ya :cry:. How about we get ride of age classes, that way we can try to act 25, childish AND senseless!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Oh!!

Mixmasta...

Not taking a slap on the wrist today
Shame shame shame....

Allow me,
10, 9, 8, 7, ....
:rofl::rofl:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I've been following this but haven't said much since I only raced once this season but the bigger brackets (for example 19-39) made me upset for the opposite reason- in endurance events people peak in their 30s so the 24 year old is actually at a major disadvantage against a 36 year old. They can't even really be compared..

Great point shar. The longer you live and train, the more time you have to build depth with long term fitness. However this would be more evident at the Pro/expert level and less of a factor for beginners.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What did Mix write? not word for word, just an overview. I have to know! :cry:

RC ... :mad:

I miss everything

He's the reason people like me don't post anymore. It sucks, I'm a MTBNJ team member and hesitant to post. Girls bitch, that's what we do, if you don't like it stay the f%^ out!

VanDbtRiver

Girls bitch, that's what we do, if you don't like it stay the f%^ out!
this is good stuff, it's helping me prepare for marriage. Seriously though, don't let silly posts like mine or mixmas deter you from your arguement, maybe the following season the age groups will be favorable.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
He's the reason people like me don't post anymore. It sucks, I'm a MTBNJ team member and hesitant to post. Girls bitch, that's what we do, if you don't like it stay the f%^ out!

I understand completely. I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again going forward.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl

I completely agree with Chemgirl. This is suppose to be a female forum, not saying the guys can't chime in, but do it with respect or suffer :mad: Being bitchy is our god given right :D

:topic: RC ... :)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Being bitchy is our god given right :D
Hahaha! Remind me not to piss you off!

RC, it was just 'trash talk';), I don't think it was so much what was said but how it was said.

Chemgirl, don't let what someone says in a heated discussion keep you from the boards. It doesn't mean anything and it only penalizes those of us who want to chat with you.

When Mix gets out of the penalty box, we'll all play nice again.

ellenserruto

If its ok to get back on topic now, I like to say how happy I am about the changes. They are great for me personally & very positive for the sport in general. I am in favor of any change that can promote our sport to the female population! Can't wait to race!

Gerilynn

The changes to H2H age brackets are so minor I don't understand some of the negativity. I wouldn't care if the entire womens class was open. The more competition the better. I race because I love being outside, staying fit, and watching myself improve. Also, to attract more women to mountain biking I think we should focus on doing more all women rides and clinics then worrying about the age brackets in racing.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
The changes to H2H age brackets are so minor I don't understand some of the negativity. I wouldn't care if the entire womens class was open. The more competition the better. I race because I love being outside, staying fit, and watching myself improve. Also, to attract more women to mountain biking I think we should focus on doing more all women rides and clinics then worrying about the age brackets in racing.

Thank you Gerilynn and Ellen. Dropping age groups completely was my first thought, but I pushed to keep them another year because I did not want to lower the prizing for women in general. The system runs pretty smoothly with 3 deep throughout and 2 jerseys per class. I also wanted to encourage women of all ages to give it a try at the entry level, yet offer more options for Cat 1 women to race up for more competition.

I certainly hope to do more women's clinic/rides in 09, and hope to get them on the calendar this winter. Maybe even two levels. I know technical riding can intimidate some women, so building confidence and skills can bring more enjoyement to riding and racing. :) NJ trails rock! Once you become at peace with them, you will be flying like a bird through the woods.

Top Bottom