Campmor H2H Bulldog Rump 6/24

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Hey Gang .... This Sunday is Campmor H2H Bulldog Rump Race at Kittatinny Valley State Park. It is a super fun course and a great race for a first race. It is also is an AMBC and a state championship race, so expect to see alot of big name pro racers out there ripping it up on the course.

So who's going ???? I'll be there for sure.

pixy
Team Campmor
RVCC/Jorba

ArmyOfNone

Hey Gang .... This Sunday is Campmor H2H Bulldog Rump Race at Kittatinny Valley State Park. It is a super fun course and a great race for a first race. It is also is an AMBC and a state championship race, so expect to see alot of big name pro racers out there ripping it up on the course.

pixy
Team Campmor
RVCC/Jorba

ME 2!

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG

pixy
Team Campmor
RVCC/Jorba

I'll be there taking up my position on my Monocog 29er as a slow moving obstacle for the fast racers. :)

xc6801

See you guys there

I will be there on sunday as well. Going to try to trek up there on Saturday and pre-ride the course.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Not worth the drive on Sat, unless you have absolutely zero rock experience....

trailrider

Can anyone describe the terrain/trail for this race? Hardtale mentioned rocks, but what's it like? Thanks...

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I meant "zero" experience

It's just rolling hardpack w/ lots of little stutterjunk bumps.Some limestone and shale sections but not really that rocky.No climbs really unless they are going to the other side of the road this time and that's not that bad anyway.If your mainly a central/south Jersey rider it shouldn't be to hard to assimilate within the 1st lap...............

NJ Jess

The fastest course of the series

Really now. There is one maybe 2 "inclines" that would be a quick 12 steps. (yes, I counted them,...I'm on a single speed.) Other than that, It FLOWS! Less hills than Lewis Morris and nearly as much flow as Stewart, and a few small rocks thrown in to make sure it's a mountain bike race and not a cyclocross race. A super fun, feel like an amusement park, type of race. You will find yourself wanted to ride this park afterwork.

ArmyOfNone

Need some knowledge

I have been thinking about it and i would like to ride the SS sunday. The geared bike is not even rideable at this point in time. I am going to need an easier gear, but how much easier should i go?

I think im running a 34x18 or maybe 17.

Sunday will be here b4 you know it!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
usually not advisable to change your gearing(on an ss) right before a race, but 34x18 or 19 sounds reasonable enough. especially for the lake side of the park.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
34X19 sounds right to me too. There is one steep climb off the start that may not be rideable, and a long shallow climb after that you would want to be able to ride. :drooling:

This is a fun place with single-speed, but real rolly. I say go for it ! you will never know til you try it, and with the geared bike not working, it's a nice option.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I have been thinking about it and i would like to ride the SS sunday. The geared bike is not even rideable at this point in time. I am going to need an easier gear, but how much easier should i go?

I think im running a 34x18 or maybe 17.

Sunday will be here b4 you know it!

I run a 32 x 20 on my 29er. That equates to approximately a 32 x 18 for a 26 inch. 19T will give you approximately the same ratio with the 34T chainring.

Kittatinny is a great SS park.

trailrider

Hardtale and NJjess, thanks so much for the course description. I've never raced on a bike before, but this sounds like fun!

Top Bottom