Campmor H2H Bulldog Rump 6/24

NJ Jess

Great race 501 riders!

Ya, lots of folks to bunch elbows with. The Sport SS Men category had over 30 riders the Sport 30-39 and 40 -49 were running on to second pages. Thank you all for being patient with us registar people, tough job. We haven't had such an emenence turnout in over 3 years for any of the Campmor H2H race series. Everyone should pride themselves on their race efforts. Next time, I hope to make an Mtbnj.com sign in board,..that would be cool.

So, who quailified for Nationals at Mt Snow July 17-21st? (Top 10 in each category) You do know this was an AMBC race,...right?

Congrads to all who made memories today!! It was sunny and bright, and we will never be this young again,...so congrads to your best effort in racing your race. Happy Birthday, Fred. I'm 3rd beer in of a 6 of BlackNtan which I traded for a set of crankbro pedals. I likes me trade,...a lot!

ArmyOfNone

Ya, lots of folks to bunch elbows with. The Sport SS Men category had over 30 riders the Sport 30-39 and 40 -49 were running on to second pages. Thank you all for being patient with us registar people, tough job. We haven't had such an emenence turnout in over 3 years for any of the Campmor H2H race series. Everyone should pride themselves on their race efforts. Next time, I hope to make an Mtbnj.com sign in board,..that would be cool.

So, who quailified for Nationals at Mt Snow July 17-21st? (Top 10 in each category) You do know this was an AMBC race,...right?

Congrads to all who made memories today!! It was sunny and bright, and we will never be this young again,...so congrads to your best effort in racing your race. Happy Birthday, Fred. I'm 3rd beer in of a 6 of BlackNtan which I traded for a set of crankbro pedals. I likes me trade,...a lot!

excellent trade jess!

From what i heard, there was a huge turn out. People were saying they have not seen that many people in years. You guys have a tough job. It was a great day and i had a blast. THANK YOU!

for whatever it means i finished 10th so i guess i qualified....:hmmm:

Last edited:

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
The level of violence it takes to get 64 riders into wooded doubletrack is extreme.The 1st little up turned the entire race into the opening of "saving private ryan".As much pain as i'm in today, i think it might have been worth it.My 1st lap was nonstop shoving,kicking,swearingand pushing.Everyone went apeshit and as i finished lap 1 i was ready to dnf, but then i passed a few broken bikes and decided to try to get thru at a walking pace.During lap 2 I had a few guys come in hard only to disappear into the sound of meat and metal hitting the ground(hope you're okay),then i was riding in the dead zone,no one in front and no pressure from behind.As I entered the 2nd woods section all were talking bout the downed rider and it gave me a little kick cause i was worried if it was fred but i got there and it wasn't.Then I'm basically done w/ 2 and realize only 1 more so I kept going and finished.Pretty much dfl i think but i don't know cause the club recordkeeping looked like someone ate #s and then puked on paper.It was great to see Fred ride to his potential finally and also witnessChris G defy all the odds w/ his tumor tire.I think I'm done til I'm 40 or someone gifts me an expert license...

ArmyOfNone

yahooo for Fred !!! It sounds like you got the SS race bug.

Nice job.

Thanks! I very well may be. yesterday really was so smooth that racing w/ gears sounds a bit silly to me now. But its still to early to tell.

2nd race ever and you qualify for the nationals, not bad.

I would like to learn a bit more about this business. I dont see that race on the ambc calendar tho. Jess?

ArmyOfNone

The level of violence it takes to get 64 riders into wooded doubletrack is extreme.The 1st little up turned the entire race into the opening of "saving private ryan".As much pain as i'm in today, i think it might have been worth it.My 1st lap was nonstop shoving,kicking,swearingand pushing.Everyone went apeshit and as i finished lap 1 i was ready to dnf, but then i passed a few broken bikes and decided to try to get thru at a walking pace.During lap 2 I had a few guys come in hard only to disappear into the sound of meat and metal hitting the ground(hope you're okay),then i was riding in the dead zone,no one in front and no pressure from behind.As I entered the 2nd woods section all were talking bout the downed rider and it gave me a little kick cause i was worried if it was fred but i got there and it wasn't.Then I'm basically done w/ 2 and realize only 1 more so I kept going and finished.Pretty much dfl i think but i don't know cause the club recordkeeping looked like someone ate #s and then puked on paper.It was great to see Fred ride to his potential finally and also witnessChris G defy all the odds w/ his tumor tire.I think I'm done til I'm 40 or someone gifts me an expert license...

Brett you cant leave just yet!

ChirsG's rear tire had two holes in the sidewall about 3 inches apart with two bubbles of tube poking out. It was only realized just before the whistle blew. Wildly enough he ran the whole race without flatting! GJ brotha!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
2nd race ever and you qualify for the nationals, not bad.

My friend Tyler Wren Won the collegiate Nat championships a few years back on a borrowed mt bike.

It was his 2nd time on a mt bike in 2 years.

He now rides pro for colivita.

He is the real deal.

j

ArmyOfNone

My friend Tyler Wren Won the collegiate Nat championships a few years back on a borrowed mt bike.

It was his 2nd time on a mt bike in 2 years.

He now rides pro for colivita.

He is the real deal.

j

That will not be me :)

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
The level of violence it takes to get 64 riders into wooded doubletrack is extreme.The 1st little up turned the entire race into the opening of "saving private ryan".As much pain as i'm in today, i think it might have been worth it.My 1st lap was nonstop shoving,kicking,swearingand pushing.Everyone went apeshit and as i finished lap 1 i was ready to dnf, but then i passed a few broken bikes and decided to try to get thru at a walking pace...

Brett, I noticed that too. For some reason, this race seemed to have a lot more violent competition. Maybe violent wasn't the word I was looking for, but this race was a lot more intense than any other race I have been in :2guns: . What it reminded me of was the chariot race in that old movie "Ben Hur" -- all you needed was the blades coming out the sides of the wheels to make the scene complete.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7

One of the best pieces of writing on the board to date. Great report, Brett. i feel like I was there...

Maurice

I cramped up big time in lap 5, made for an interesting commute ride this morning.

The great thing about moving up is you don't have to deal with crowds at the start, but it's still brutal in a different way. Someone actually went down on the very first corner in the grass. I was right behind, luckily he was on the outside and I was just about ready to take the inside anyway. I watched it unfold in slow motion all the while looking for options.

The course this year was great, I like the modifications they made. Some technical additions made up for the lack of climbing.

Great to see so many people getting into it, congrats to all that went out there to race or cheer us up.

Maurice

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Thanks to Team Bulldog for putting on a great race!!:D

We couldn't have asked for better weather, and 500 riders !!! I had no idea there were so many people there. They certainly did a great job running everything, and thanks to everyone cheering out there. Super fun course but like many said, it was a lot harder than I expected too, and that is coming from someone who is on their 188th mountain bike race. So the cheering was appreciated!!:)

It was pretty cool to see 12 pro/expert women on the line. That is alot for us ladies!! I felt awful on my first lap and felt like dropping out, something I have never done before. But once my teammate caught up, we worked together to keep us going. I also love my titus racer-x, and once my stomach settled in and I hit the fast bermy section, I was good to go. Our teamwork payed off and we finished respectfully (2 and 3), even picked off some of the men on lap 4.
:D :D :D

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

Did you see brett and i cheering for you guys (ellen and maurice)? We were right at the rocky descent into the finish.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
There's a fine line between intense and violent.I'm very aware of my surroundings and also not in it for the overall points so I'm usually out of the way before the approaching rider has a chance to even call which side they're coming on but these guys would just sit on me on the 2track or climbs and then go for the pass on a 20 mph downhill.This is just guts not fitness and me coming from moto, well they just didn't have a chance.I'd just pin the outside line and then shut off the exit.It was enjoyable but all I ever saw was a wheel in my peripheral vision then the sound of carnage.I wish I hadn't used up so much energy shoving my way thru the pack cause it was just survival after that.Well I never went down completely and I'm sore but not hurt so whatever and I'm glad you enjoyed the replay........

PlayAllDay

It was a lot of fun racing yesterday and everyone was doing great out there. Riders were really nice on the course. I didn't feel too well the first lap and a half but was feeling good by the third one. what perfect weather we had too. Just have to remember to eat and drink when doing registration next time. ;) It was a crazy but fun day.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Did you see brett and i cheering for you guys (ellen and maurice)? We were right at the rocky descent into the finish.

that was you ?? Thanks !! It was always great coming onto that section because of th cheering.

I had no idea who it was, because it was just a little too technical and dark to take my eyes off the trail for even a second in there.... Especially after the biff I took on Wednesday (see post your booboos).

Either way, it was great to have so many NJ racers out there!:)

Top Bottom