Camping close to kid-friendly MTB trails?

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We are looking to go camping with the kids on the July 29-31 weekend. In the past few years, we've been to Swartswood state park, which was great but if I remember correctly doesn't have many MTB trails.

Does anyone have suggestions for a camping place that's not too far from Warren (1-3 hours away), that has beach/lake access but that also has some easy (kid-friendly) MTB trails.

If you do, please let me know!!

Thanks.

SpartaBard

Off the top of my head:

Allaire and wawayanda have group camping sites.

Lewis Morris
Stephens state park
KVSP - best bet probably with rail trails too

Jim Thorpe?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lackawanna
Done! Can't recommend a better place and just in the 3 hour mark. Hell may even join if schedule is clear.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah we are free and clear!
And now booked at site 28, guess I should ride the bike once or twice before going.
@Kirt head to your family's that weekend so we can have a moosic proper.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If your tenting hit those upper primative spots. We use the electric and water spots.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah we are free and clear!
And now booked at site 28, guess I should ride the bike once or twice before going.

Awesome!

If your tenting hit those upper primative spots. We use the electric and water spots.

All the primitive camping sites are walk-in only... and with the kids we prefer car camping! I think we'll probably book something close to you! What date did you guys book (Seems like site 28 is still available on July 29-31)?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awesome!

All the primitive camping sites are walk-in only... and with the kids we prefer car camping! I think we'll probably book something close to you! What date did you guys book (Seems like site 28 is still available on July 29-31)?
Yeah 28 is open we did 29 oops
They are good sites close to pool shower and lake.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah! We are all set. Rented sites 12 and 13 for us and the Oishis. Looking forward to it. If everyone else wants to come let us know!

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
BUMP...

Looks like there are still some spots available for that weekend if anyone else wants to join us... @1sh0t1b33r @soundz

We will have the kids with us but there seem to be a lot of good trails out there...

http://pennsylvaniastateparks.reser...map&search=site&contractCode=PA&parkId=880429

This month doesn't look good for me. The house is going up for sale and getting rid of all the junk I've accumulated is daunting. I may decide to set the whole thing on fire.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a really great campground, don't miss a chance to hang out with some hall of fame mtbnjer's. Good riding at and surrounding the park. We are super stoked!

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Dominique There's a campground at Nox. It's on the other side of the lake from the MTB trails. And yes, theres a nice beach and a big lake.

*edit* Just noticed this post was from May.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL - Wine Spritzers. Not one of my prouder moments. What were we thinking?
I'll run it by my better half. I could really use a weekend in which I am not working...

Top Bottom