Campervans

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fly then rent. Or drive your personal car then rent a RV once you arrive. It's really nice having an extra vehicle so you don't have to break camp every time you want to do a day trip or get groceries.

We have rented through Outdoorsy. Smooth process each time but make sure you vet the owner.

There's no reason to buy a RV unless you plan on using it all the damn time. Most RVs are built like garbage. Particle board, peel-n-stick linoleum. Plus maintenance, winterization, rodent control, tires, on and on.

JDurk

From the marketplace section of Outside magazine.

Reactions: don

Cassinonorth

Buying a van when we retire is one of our options, as it stands paying $100k+ for a camper that we'd use a handful of times a year would be not smart.

Those Winnebago Revels are freakin sweet though.

THATmanMANNY

did you watch Nomadland too?

There was a van like more than one year ago I was about to scoop up it would have sat in my driveway for the entire time probably but it would be worth twice the price today haha

Zaskar

I'm going to Glacier and Yellowstone this summer and renting from Wandervans. Not a totally loaded camper but two full sizes beds, sink, water, small fridge and 125 miles a day included. We're traveling with another family that will be pulling a Kodiak Cub so we didn't need a kitchen.

JDurk

Buying a van when we retire is one of our options, as it stands paying $100k+ for a camper that we'd use a handful of times a year would be not smart.

Those Winnebago Revels are freakin sweet though.
My wife and I looked at a few different versions of the Revel at the Hershey RV show in Sept '19. We both agreed it was a lot more money than we were comfortable spending for something that would be used occasionally. And then there was the thing about breaking camp every time we wanted to drive somewhere. (Edit: Just looked at Winnebago's website, holy shit the Revel is $185k now. In 2019 it was $120-130k.)

We can do that with this.

20200701_114443.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom